Injustice Situations

Unrelated topics chat. Feel free to discuss politics, technology, religion, post jokes, etc and so on.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash

Re: Injustice Situations

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:05 am

nice idea and cheap

where i live nothing slows down the CREW CAB TRUCKS that are as big as a 40 passenger bus

:smt018 it is rumored that the speed of light has been broken at some time by one of them..
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby AlanJ » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Hi M,
Yep, that's them, except our ones are black and they don't have white lines all around, only on the leading edge. The interesting thing is that we have these in quite a few of our villages and of course the trucks busses and large vehicles don't slow down at all, and if you have one of those behind you, you slow, they don't, you have to watch out. The one thing I found out trying to talk to the authorities was it is controlled by local councils and even village councils. I bet if they were wide enough that the trucks and busses were hitting them, it would be another story, trouble is they won't do that because of us bikers. They should get rid of them. Have a great Christmas M wish you well.
Alan.
AlanJ

Postby AlanJ » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:37 pm

Hi again M,
I have just looked at your post with the painted ( speed humps) absolutely terrible because people will get used to them and not slow down as they are doing in the vid and then two cars going in opposite directions FORGET hit the bumps and collide. If you want the answer to a problem go down the alley and if it works then ok, if it doesn't, don't do it The end of the alley of a road is the motorway. If you stuck speed humps on a motorway that wouldn't half slow things down. You can't do that obviously so don't do it period. It doesn't work it just arses up the vehicle suspension.
Alan.
AlanJ

Postby Puffs » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:59 am

Another angle that might find more support with the council is the ecological one: these humps are bad for the environment!

They force people to break, which converts the kinetic energy in their vehicle into heat, and after that they have to accelerate again. A huge loss & destruction of energy, and furthermore it enhances emission of greenhouse gasses, pollution and global warming. This is acerbated by the enhanced wear on pads, disks & shock absorbers, replacement of which further strains the supply chain. And finally there is the mental health issue: they enhance stress, which ultimately further loads the NHS.

And if all that doesn't work - jump!
Puffs

Postby AlanJ » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:45 am

Hi,
That last remark is about right Puffs, how high do you suggest I go for?
Alan.
AlanJ

Postby Puffs » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:54 am

As high & far as you can Alan, jumping is always good.
But watch out with landing - that's when the problems come!

More seriously, I know how demotivating fighting officials can be...
Puffs

Previous

Return to Off Topic