Osr2rad

Unrelated topics chat. Feel free to discuss politics, technology, religion, post jokes, etc and so on.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash

Osr2rad

Postby Sparks26 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:38 am

Have used ost2rad a number of times though pre brexit with no problems, but recently ordered some parts I could not find in the uk. After three weeks and no sign of parts I emailed them and they told me that the parts had been sent but without a house number as I had not provided one. I sent them a copy of the receipt they sent me earlier which had my house number clearly on it. Have not had any further replies from them, has any one had a similar experience.
Sparks26

Re: Osr2rad

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:43 pm

i got a package from the ori mz factory the hand written
address label used numbers that were made different than USA numbers
the only thing that saved that shipment was someone in Pittsburgh Pa
sorted out the address and put an updated label on it...
it was an unreadable mess in USA English
dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Re: Ost2rad

Postby Puffs » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:24 am

Maybe check with UK customs? What has changed due to the UK's choice to leave the EU, is that packages like that now need to be imported, and duties & taxes need to be paid. Without a house number, the postman would probably still be able to find you (mine would), but UK customs might have a problem with it.

Hand writing style and language vary from country to country, to the extent that something written in country A might be difficult to understand in country B.
For instance, in German: 'Ost2rad' is a short way of saying 'eastern two wheelers', in which eastern refers to eastern Europe rather than Japan or so. Sometimes people do not realise this, sometimes people even make a mistake. Life's a...
Puffs

Return to Off Topic