NW200 and the Dunlops

Unrelated topics chat. Feel free to discuss politics, technology, religion, post jokes, etc and so on.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash

NW200 and the Dunlops

Postby Lamaha » Mon May 26, 2008 11:23 am

Just watched the BBC highlights of this years NW200 Irish Road Race and though i have been known to get emotional over bike racing i cant remember being so affected by the bravery of the Dunlop family.
If you have seen it you know what i mean, if not try to see the 250 race.
To set the scene Robert Dunlop was killed as result of injuries sustained in practice for this years race and was widely topped to dominate this years event before his untimely death.
Despite this tragedy his family agreed the NW200 should continue and not only did his son Micheal compete, but went on to take the win in a race that appeared hard fought.
The emotional scenes at the finish between the Dunlop team,gritty racers,hardened journo's and bike fans alike made the most memorable and tearful conclutions i will always remember.
Hats off to the Dunlops and great comiserations at your families loss.
Lamaha

Re: NW200 and the Dunlops

Postby manumensa » Mon May 26, 2008 4:28 pm

Road racers, the motorcyclists' best race, authentic pure blood.

Mis más sinceras condolencias a la familia Dunlop, sus amigos y seguidores. Descanse en paz.
The answer is blowin' in the wind...no wind no answer :(
manumensa

Re: NW200 and the Dunlops

Postby Sue » Wed May 28, 2008 3:55 pm

Watched it too, an incredible race, and very emotional. What a great win under such difficult circumstances.
Sue

Return to Off Topic