Photo of the day:

Unrelated topics chat. Feel free to discuss politics, technology, religion, post jokes, etc and so on.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash

Re: Photo of the day:

Postby iceman » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:52 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Glasgow_Tinker WOW,thanks for the history lesson.He sounds like a real hero.i had never heard of him so thanks again Manuel...John

Spanish Civil War

After the start of the Spanish Civil War, Tinker offered his service to a Republican side, reportedly because of his aversion to fascist regime of Benito Mussolini, who was helping the Spanish Nationalists. He negotiated a high salary of $1,500 monthly, and a premium $1,000 for any aircraft he shot down. Under nom de guerre Francisco Gómez Trejo, he went to Spain via France.

US Naval Academy graduation photo, 1933
Born July 14, 1909 (1909-07-14)
Kaplan, Louisiana
Died June 13, 1939 (1939-06-14)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Occupation Pilot, author
Parents Frank Glasgow and Effie Tinker
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby mr.combo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:50 pm

An MZ ETZ251 at the Forth Bridges, Scotland
mr.combo

Postby iceman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:16 am

Some pictures of my ride the other day...

You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby comanche91 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:39 pm

Nice pics Ice............
-Don
1-3/4 1995 Silver Stars
comanche91

Postby iceman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:40 pm

comanche91 wrote:Nice pics Ice............

Thanks Don,you have to plan a trip back next year.You can use one of my bikes...John

John Lennon
iceman

Postby comanche91 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:45 pm

iceman wrote:
comanche91 wrote:Nice pics Ice............

Thanks Don,you have to plan a trip back next year.You can use one of my bikes...John

That's my old house! But someone has fixed it up really nicely. :)

Seriously; I might just do that.
-Don
1-3/4 1995 Silver Stars
comanche91

Postby iceman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:57 pm

mr.combo wrote:Image

An MZ ETZ251 at the Forth Bridges, Scotland

Mr. Combo,nice picture.
Are there plans to pull the red bridge down ? It looks a lot older,or just leave them both up ?
John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Test fit on the naked 919 that I'll use for my winter beater. :D Needed a little wind protection next month so this was a quick fit.It will be opened up wider at the top when it's on.It was new off ebay for $40 to keep the cold air off my core body.Should work well.It went on a Honda VFR.

John Lennon
iceman

Postby mr.combo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:00 pm

"Mr. Combo,nice picture. Are there plans to pull the red bridge down ? It looks a lot older,or just leave them both up ?"

No, the red bridge is a proper piece of Nineteenth Century engineering and will probably outlive the current generation. The other more modern bridge, built in the 1960s, on the other hand is beginning to fall apart and there are plans to replace it.

Now for today's pictures....

MZ 500 Rotax and Skorpion in police livery. Photos were taken in Chemnitz, Germany at the Trabant Treffen a few years ago. Spot the Trabants in the background.
mr.combo

Postby iceman » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:55 am

Some very old structures are all over Vermont.

John Lennon
iceman

Postby mr.combo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Here is a picture of the old MZ factory at Zschopau in Eastern Germany. As you can see it has since been put to another use.

mr.combo

Postby iceman » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:41 am

John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:27 am

Vermont state capital Montpelier.

John Lennon
iceman

Postby comanche91 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:03 pm

iceman wrote:Vermont state capital Montpelier.

Well, that's one landmark that hasn't changed at all John. :D Love your pictures.
-Don
1-3/4 1995 Silver Stars
comanche91

Postby iceman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:43 pm

Thanks Don,I love taking pictures and always wanted to get into it in a professional way when I was a kid.

You know how that goes a couple years later you have different goals,friends,ideas and life goes on.

Her's my nephew on a cross country moto trip this summer 2,500 miles and when we got back I cut all his hair,per his request.

The kid ,I guess like all is 13 going on 23 Image
John Lennon
iceman

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic