Photo of the day:

Unrelated topics chat. Feel free to discuss politics, technology, religion, post jokes, etc and so on.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash

Re: Photo of the day:

Postby turner5770 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:09 pm

A simple work of art, One day i will have one!
Attachments
Ducati-888-SP5.jpg
turner5770

Postby iceman » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:28 pm

check out this brake system.

You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby comanche91 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:24 pm

iceman wrote:check out this brake system.

That a Ducati John? Looks like that system might be vibes maximus if the wheel was just slightly out of round with the calipers hanging out there. Less margin for error with hubcentric disks. :-D
-Don
1-3/4 1995 Silver Stars
comanche91

Postby Anders » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:53 am

Looks like a Braking perimeter aftermarket system to me. Didn't Buell use something similar on some of their models as well ?

I believe that the advantage is the possibility to build even lighter wheels since the spokes do not need to transfer any braking force to/from the hub.
In my garage:
Honda VTR 1000F -00
Orion-29 125cc, Midsize
49cc Bike engine kit toy
Yamaha SRX-6 -86
MuZ Skorpion 660 -95
Polaris 6x6 Big Boss

Nordic SRX/MuZ/SZR forum
Anders

Postby iceman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:24 am

Anders,Buell used something similar but used a single disc only I believe with six piston caliper.
Here's the bike it came from.I'm not sure how comfortable but looks like a work of art.Look at the shock angle or lack of.Nice Moto Guzzi,/Gezzi and Brian Guzzi For such a fancy bike it has a basic swingarm.

Last edited by iceman on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:44 am

Here's the Buell wheel/disc.

John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:52 am

Check out this bike the brake you see is the only brake on the bike ! :shock:

John Lennon
iceman

Postby Anders » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:58 am

iceman wrote:Anders,Buell used something similar but used a single disc only I believe with six piston caliper.
Here's the bike it came from.I'm not sure how comfortable but looks like a work of art.Look at the shock angle or lack of.Nice Moto Guzzi,/Gezzi and Brian Guzzi For such a fancy bike it has a basic swingarm.

Nice Guzzi, looking at the wheel from the Buell the weight saving is apparent.... not so much on the Guzzi though, more show than go in that department. Still a nice bike.
In my garage:
Honda VTR 1000F -00
Orion-29 125cc, Midsize
49cc Bike engine kit toy
Yamaha SRX-6 -86
MuZ Skorpion 660 -95
Polaris 6x6 Big Boss

Nordic SRX/MuZ/SZR forum
Anders

Postby iceman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:10 am

This would make you do a brake check... :D

John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:16 am

How could a rotor possibly get this hot ? pads disintegrate ?

John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:18 am

Anders wrote:
iceman wrote:Anders,Buell used something similar but used a single disc only I believe with six piston caliper.

Nice Guzzi, looking at the wheel from the Buell the weight saving is apparent.... not so much on the Guzzi though, more show than go in that department. Still a nice bike.

I bet it has better stopping performance at the cost of the extra weight though.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:21 am

Check out the front air cooled drum brakes and one very cool bike !

John Lennon
iceman

Postby billr » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:27 am

iceman wrote:This would make you do a brake check... :D

Reminds me of a story I read in "Cycle" mag "Duct Tapes" back in the day.
Ed Hertfelder wrote: (paraphrased)
"This guy had his well-endowed girl friend stand at the entry of a tight left hander. She'd raise her shirt any time another racer came into the curve... :shock: Usually picked up several positions that way. :wink: "
Bill
billr

Postby iceman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:40 am

Bill,good way to win.Back in the day a lot of tricky stuff went on and still does I would guess.They all want the win.

"This guy had his well-endowed girl friend stand at the entry of a tight left hander. She'd raise her shirt any time another racer came into the curve... :shock: Usually picked up several positions that way. :wink: "
Bill

4 leading shoe Grimica; shown here on a Rickman Triumph.

John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:49 am

I can't figure this one out.Looks like it could be hydraulic drum and what crazy forks :?:

John Lennon
iceman

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic