Kawasaki Versys

Unrelated topics chat. Feel free to discuss politics, technology, religion, post jokes, etc and so on.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash

Kawasaki Versys

Postby chisleu » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Why didn't I find this bike before?
http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/produc ... d=6&id=572

I saw one today in a showroom and I was super impressed. It has a lower seat (which I like) and it's tons more comfortable with more juice and so on. One very neat bike.

I won't get one to replace my MZ by any means, because it would be cheaper to customize the MZ than to replace it. I do however want a bagger with a fairing. :)

Has anyone rode the Versys? have any impressions? It seemed to have a very stiff suspension compared to the baghira. It doesn't weigh that much more. Was this one perhaps adjusted to be stiffer than stock? Maybe it is adjustable down?
chisleu

Re: Kawasaki Versys

Postby iceman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:48 pm

I have the same motor with full fairing 650 R.They also make a naked version.

2006 parallel twin
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby basser23 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:10 pm

What else is in the collection? :D
basser23

Postby iceman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:17 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by iceman on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Here's a Kawasaki forum with a long build thread http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/sh ... php?t=5480
A lot of people seem to use them on fire roads.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TZds5QxnDQ :-D
John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:34 pm

I rode the 650 R home from North Carolina 1,000 miles in 22 hours. It cruised along great at 100 mph in the middle of the night.
I was behind a car that had a trailer and two Harley's on it and they were flying so I figured they had radar and hung back a 1/4 of a mile matching their speed .The bike is comfortable and smooth.It's a 2006 with 3,000 miles now.It had 2000 when I picked it up.
John Lennon
iceman

Return to Off Topic