Fuel Price

Unrelated topics chat. Feel free to discuss politics, technology, religion, post jokes, etc and so on.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash

Re: Fuel Price

Postby iceman » Sun May 18, 2008 11:36 pm

When i was in Italy 2 years ago gas was 1.29 a liter and after 3 summers in a row in Italy <2004,5,6> the only time i saw large bikes was a very few times,i remember up in the mountains seeing a couple of brand new triumph SPEED TRIPPLE probably rentals.

The only time i saw large bikes was on weekends around Verona Harleys and such most were owned by guys that were US military and they mostly road to the center of town parked and drank all day,kinda like over here in the states. :wink:
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby Lamaha » Tue May 20, 2008 6:15 am

The problem with us Brits is we just shrug and accept it.
The price will go up again this summer and it wont be until we join together with farmers, hauliers etc for a blockade or strike will anybody listen to the voting public.
I know it sounds like power to the people and all that, but how long will we put up with it?
The next demo or action on fuel lets put some MZs on the front line.
Come the revolution brothers and sisters there will be ringtinging on the forecourts, not tills ringing.
(Blimey that was good, must remember that one)
Simon.
Lamaha

Postby Sue » Wed May 21, 2008 3:44 pm

With you on that one Simon, I seemed to be one of the few who joined the boycot on purchasing from certain forecourts. Others just seem so laid back about it and dont realise that if everyone joined in it would have more effect.
I'm getting fed up of the daily increases.
Sue

Postby Lamaha » Thu May 29, 2008 1:27 pm

Thats it, next time i am getting properly invloved.
No more whingeing! . . . . . unless its raining or Eastenders is on . . . . only joking.
If we hear of some positive action somewhere lets post it.
Lamaha

Postby Sue » Thu May 29, 2008 1:36 pm

For those of us in the UK take a look at this, it's been flying round in emails recently - and have received this loads from people I didnt send it to - so its getting round the population slowly. I've been sticking to it... lets hope everyone else does too then it may have some effect. Some argue that BP and Esso supply the supermarkets - but they get such little profit from the big chains most of thier profits are from dedicated petrol stations. See what you think....

http://www.elertgadget.com/palert/Feeli ... g_1063.htm
Sue

Postby Lamaha » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:55 pm

Like it!
I have already passed it on and got some positive reactions.
Nice one.
Lamaha

Postby TS2Fifty » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:37 am

Great idea, Not least because Shell is currently one of the cheapest in our area anyway! Will be passing on to as many people as possible.
TS2Fifty

Postby Sue » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:19 pm

Seems theres more going on now in UK with slow riding protests against fuel prices. Some local forums in my area are getting together to do our own too - could be more of these across the country soon. Seems the police allowed this to go ahead and there was little trouble.

The protest:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... l_protest_
The results:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 437144.stm
Sue

Previous

Return to Off Topic