ETZ 250/300 and loads of spares

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65, Brian

ETZ 250/300 and loads of spares

Postby Bodger » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:47 am

I am forced to sell my ETZ 250/300 as “spares or repair” due to my ongoing health problems.
I bought the bike, a year ago, as a non-runner. At the time the seller explained that it just needed an afternoon to get the clutch back on. When re-fitting the clutch I noticed some damage to the crankshaft taper, but continued to get the bike back on the road. However, within 50 miles the clutch came off the crank. I left the bike for a while, then fitted a replacement engine and took it for its MoT test this week....... it passed, but the bike wouldn’t select first gear (2nd-5th are fine).

So, this auction is for a 1988 ETZ 250 (with 300 barrel, piston and head) with a 12 month MoT, but not running. It might not take much to rectify the gearbox problem. Alternatively, with a reconditioned crank the original engine would be fine. The bike has the following new parts:

Tyres & inner tubes
Braided brake line and pads (plus overhauled master cylinder)
Exhaust down pipe
Battery and Reg/Rec
Dual-spring side stand

In addition to the bike there is also:

Spare engine (less clutch) needing a reconditioned crank
Spare 250 barrel, piston and head
Loads of assorted control cables
Spare speedo and rev counter cables
A large tin of assorted electrical components
A large box of assorted engine components, including new bearings

All in all, this lot would be a great stockpile for any MZ ETZ entusiats.

I paid £450 for the bike, then bought the new parts I have listed, so please PM with reasonable offers.

The bike is in Tetbury, Gloucestershire.

Cheers,

Chris
Bodger

Re: ETZ 250/300 and loads of spares

Postby Peter357 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:57 pm

Hi
I'd be very interested.ive got a shift coming up at Tetbury hospital soon,can I pop in to have a look at the bike?
Peter.james357@gmail.com
Cheers
Pete
Peter357

Return to For Sale