- SOLD - 66o Skorp for sale, Boston area

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65, Brian

- SOLD - 66o Skorp for sale, Boston area

Postby samandkimberly » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Ok, reluctant sale, but this is doing nothing but gathering dust in my hands:

2001 Skorpion Sport Cup, very good to excellent condition. Currently lower fairing isnt mounted, but have fairing all hardware. I think it looks better, and (oddly) sounds quieter w/o it. The lowers do have a scratch or two, nothing that cant be filled/touched up to make mint. Chassis is well maintained stock. Gold Brembo front caliper. nicer clip-ons ,tank has been repainted after seeing the peeling issue many of these get; looks perfect now. I've got new MZ badges in a bag, never mounted them. Its black; I'll take photos and post soon.

The motor is special. I rebuilt it a couple of years ago with new rod set, new 11:1 Wiseco piston, szr660 1st gear for closer ratio shifting. Head has all new Kibblewhite valves/race springs and is ported /set up for race cams, but has a relatively mild Hotcams stage 2 cam in it for good street performance. Want more power? Drop in a hotter cam, the head is set up for it, and the piston has the pockets for it. Should you want to go that route, it comes with a spare stock cam to send to Megacycle for rewelding.

Port work was done by Dana Johnson. He is the porting guy behind many successful race tuners in the NE US, including the MZs from Bikeworx. He's retired now, so there won't be any more of these. It is not a full race head, just good, solid, no "secret sauce" lies porting. I like the stock exhaust, so I cut it apart and ground out all the sloppy pipe welding and reassembled; no idea of the flow increase, but its significant, and still quiet. There's a bung welded on to the pipe to allow tuning with an O2 sensor, if you want to improve on the current jetting adjustments. It breaths through Mikuni TM34 carbs. '

The bike runs nicely, picking up revs much more urgently than a stocker. the high first gear really makes the engine feel more like a sport bike. If I keep it I'd work more on the off idle transition, but it's set up better than most carbs are set up for the street now.

With it comes a Ignitech ignition. It's all set up and works great, but I had the stocker in the bike when I started it up after rebuild about 400 miles ago, and I haven't dropped it back in. Other spares too, but not much. 9600 miles on the whole bike.

Price is $2,750. For the NE US this is on the high side of average, but its in a great shape there isnt a bike with a motor like this anywhere.
Last edited by samandkimberly on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
samandkimberly

Re: 66o Skorp for sale, Boston area

Postby samandkimberly » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:49 pm

Pics are in order. Its in my shed, and I wont be able to get it out for proper photos this weekend, but here are some basics. Also, its a 2001, with 10K miles.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
samandkimberly

Postby Nozz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:24 pm

Looks nice. We will be up on the cape from TX in a week or so, passing interest as I wish I had a bike up there to enjoy when we are up for September. Good luck in the mean time. I will pm you for contact info. Thanks.
Nozz

Postby barko1 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Ever had the motor run on the dyno? Be interesting to see how it is doing.
barko1

Postby samandkimberly » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:14 pm

Bump.

Now I have 2 Skorpions for sale - the hotrod above, and a near perfect black Sport Cup with 1,500 miles on it. Maybe not museum, there are a few surface scratches on it here and there, but definitely mint, near bone stock condition - the only mod is that it has a center stand from a Tour - a fanastic thing to have on a regular rider! So, you can have a great street bike and a great track bike for way less than most modern sport bikes.

Pics to come when it gets warm, but the stocker is black, and looks like a new Sport Cup.

Price is 4,000 for both, and that is firm. I'll have no trouble getting that for them separately on Craigslist this spring, but I think they make an awesome pair.

Sam
samandkimberly

Re: - SOLD - 66o Skorp for sale, Boston area

Postby samandkimberly » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:27 am

I put the stok Skorpion for sale on eBay, and am keeping the hotrod one as a backup racebike. So, both are off the market....here's a link to the one for sale on EBay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Sko ... 1838044053
samandkimberly

Return to For Sale