SOLD: 1993 ETZ 251 Saxon Tour

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65, Brian

SOLD: 1993 ETZ 251 Saxon Tour

Postby treehouse » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:37 am

Hi, I'm offering my Saxon Tour for sale (edit: for a bit longer!). It is currently not running, almost certainly a problem with the carburettor I'd take £450, to be collected from Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Any inspection or further questions are very welcome.

It's been kept dry and clean under a carport and inside it's own m/c cover. It has a Bing copy (Ken Tse Taiwanese) carburettor, which is probably defunct and had a temporary repair recently to get it going again, which seems to have failed again. The throttle is stuck in the closed position. The front tyre has a very slow puncture or leak (it'll keep decent pressure for a month or so). The tank paint is blistered and is cracking around the filler, which tends to happen on these plastic tanks, but at least they don't rust. There's almost no rust on the bike generally, just a few surface spots. The rubbers on pegs and cable end covers are worn but serviceable. 32624 km on the clock (= 20271 miles). MOT due in May. Had a new battery last summer, keeps charged. Good spark, will fire up sometimes but not keep running, hence suspect carb again. Tyres have lots of tread. Everything else works great. Includes rear rack, a few tools and Haynes manual.

A new Bing carb for these is about £115 delivered, from Phil Speakman at "the mz shop", or the current one might repair for a tenner. The throttle jam may actually be the same issue, carburettor not opening, I haven't had time to diagnose it yet.

Contact me soon and you could save yourself a hundred or two - running, I reckon it's probably worth about £700. If it doesn't sell soon, I'll fix it up myself and re-advertise. I'm on 07908 four seven five oh four seven (trying to avoid the phone number bots!). Cheers, John.

R0015980.JPG
R0015982.JPG
R0015984.JPG
treehouse

Return to For Sale