Black Panther Give Away

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65, Brian

Black Panther Give Away

Postby Dano33 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:45 am

Hello All- I have finally decided to list my Black Panther for sale as I have not really used it in the past 2 years. For those of you who were around when the original MZ board was around, this bike is the same one that was featured on their site. For those of you who were not familiar with this bike, it is a 2000 model that I purchased new in 2001 from MZ in Florida. When I received the bike, I was somewhat disappointed in its performance as I knew it was capable of much more so I reached out to Benrd at TuneBike in Germany. Working closely with Bernd to create a strong yet reliable motor, this Panther received a 690cc bore kit, twin pumper Mikuni carbs, oversized headers, a re-mapped ignition and an M4 exhaust. Once the motor was done, I swapped out the front fork springs for a stiffer rate and through on some Metzler tires that were much more sticky. To help keep things under control, the brake pads were upgraded to a more aggressive compound, and a custom Scott's steering damper was added to an oversized ProTaper handlebar to keep the front end steady at speed. To further help keep things steady at speed, the front faring was replaced with a lower profile one as was the front fender.

So how does this bike run? In a nutshell, it is WAY faster than a stock MZ, and it has no problem leaving my much lighter KTM 525 in the dust. Unlike the stock Panther, this Panther will perform wheelies by simply cracking open the throttle. When the pumps on the carbs kick in, you can feel hit and the bike will easily lift the front end if your sloppy with the throttle. While I could have gone a lot larger on the bore kit, I chose to go with the 690 kit as I was not willing to sacrifice reliability and rideability for peak dyno numbers. As a result, the engine idles great and pulls from down low all the way to the top very cleanly. Between the dampner, fairing, fender and fork springs, the front end is way more stable at speed. The bottom line is that this bike is a night and day difference from a stock one.

As mentioned before, the bike has not really been used in the past two years and was only ridden once last year. As a result, the battery will need to be replaced and I am sure the carbs will need to be cleaned thanks to todays crappy gas. Other than that, this bike is flawless. Price wise, i am asking $1700 for the bike which I would consider to be a very fair price as I know I have WAY more than this in the engine alone. As much as I would like to keep this bike due to it being so unique, the fact of the matter is that I need to thin my herd and this bike deserves to be ridden more than once or twice a year. Also forgot to mention that this bike has less than 5000 miles on it!

If anyone is interested, please PM me and I will be glad to give you additional details.
Attachments
IMG_2932.JPG
IMG_2927.JPG
IMG_2926.JPG
2000 Panther loaded with Tunebike's performance parts and many other mods. This bike flat out screams!

7 Honda CRF 50's
Dano33

Re: Black Panther Give Away

Postby Dano33 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:54 am

For those of you who have asked, the bike sold within 4 hours of being listed. Glad to see she will be going to a new home and put to good use once again.
2000 Panther loaded with Tunebike's performance parts and many other mods. This bike flat out screams!

7 Honda CRF 50's
Dano33

Return to For Sale