Wanted: Saxon Country 500

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: Wanted: Saxon Country 500

Postby iceman » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:38 am

Nik,thanks for that uship site ,thats pretty cool.I never heard of it before. :-D
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby nikitino » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:06 pm

Update.....all went well with the shipping and bike runs great.....a couple pieces were missing like the chain guard, rear view mirror and bike looks like it was left outside in the sun quite a bit but overall i'm very happy with it.....i think i'm going to try and change the shock oil and and put the shock boots on from my old bike after this is done.....one shock looks like it's leaking some oil so may try to get new seals.....i've never done this job before and it may be a bit over my head but i might experiment a little with the old bent shocks from my wrecked bike......I think i may change the drive chain also with a new one or try to take the chain off my old bike and put it on the new one for two reasons......one, the chain on the bike now is a little rusty and a couple of the o-rings are smashed up out of their proper place and reason two is that i need to put the chain guard on. I hear that breaking and then reconnecting o-ring chains is not that easy though...we'll see.....anyway, i'm back on a 500 Country and couldn't be happier........need to change the oil on the new bike soon though too....don't really have much history on the bike.......maybe a new engine timing belt too though don't know if i could change that myself......got a few things to do, but she's running and not bad at that.....
nikitino

Postby nikitino » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Oh yeah, that Uship thing worked out pretty well........some nice young couple delivered it in the back of a dually pickup truck and were in touch with me pretty much the whole time they were on the road from Minnesota.....saved about 200 bucks compared to other quotes i was getting....i did end up meeting them in St Louis though which wasn't a big deal and was my choice to save a little more $$$$.....
nikitino

Previous

Return to Wanted