Baghira Wanted

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Baghira Wanted

Postby Albert » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:59 am

Hi all,

I'm looking for a Baghira, preferably in reasonable/good condition but will consider anything providing the price reflects condition. I'm in the UK, does anyone know of any for sale or are considering selling?

Cheers :)
Albert

Re: Baghira Wanted

Postby Gilleyb1 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi Albert
There's a couple on gumtree at the mo, go to motorcycles and type in MZ.
Regards
Steve
Gilleyb1

Postby Albert » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:26 am

Great, thanks Steve
Albert

Postby Baggy_Al » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:40 pm

There is a black one on ebay, looks ok from pics, its in worcestershire, don`t know your location so could be a bit far.

Al
Shiny Silver 2000 BMW R1100S Sport.
2003 Baggy Black Panther.
Baggy_Al

Postby Albert » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:24 am

Cheers, I've actually looked at that one. The seller is a really nice guy so I'll not say too much, but it wasn't worth the asking price in my opinion.
Albert

Postby Albert » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:51 am

Forgot to say, the Black one on Gumtree is actually in N.Ireland and the seller is just checking for interest. I said I was interested but he won't get the bike over to the mainland until end of May :( The other Silver one on Gumtree looks ok, but I'm leaning towards the Black Panther so not sure about that one either :)

Time to consider other bike options too I guess, although I do like the look of the MZ.. Hmm.
Albert

Postby Baggy_Al » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:05 pm

If you are looking for a streetmoto style bike you will pay more year for year for other makes, a friend of mine in Bristol has a KTM Duke 640 for sale, 03. same as my Baggy, I was thinking of having it and ride it back to back with the Baggy to see which I liked the most and sell the other one, but the price for a Duke that age is around £2400 private to £3000+ at a dealer so if you could get an 04 Baggy for say £1800 tops I don`t think thats too bad, I appreciate it has a couple of issues but its a 10 yr old bike when all said and done, I have actually emailed Mark the seller for some pics of the rear light setup to modify mine, front mudguards and panels come up on ebay so you could tidy it up. There are 3 on gumtree at the moment, the 02 in Barrow is up for more than the 04 you looked at and the 04 in whitney is also more,

Al.
Shiny Silver 2000 BMW R1100S Sport.
2003 Baggy Black Panther.
Baggy_Al

Postby Albert » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:47 am

Hi Al,

I agree with your points. As I said, Mark was a really nice fella so don't want to go into too much detail but the sale pictures of the 04 really flatter the bike. Mechanically, a fair bit needs doing and the impression I got was that there wasn't much movement on price. The 02 in Barrow is up for the same price, he's open to reasonable offers (we actually agreed a price) but more importantly the bike is immaculate. So the 02 is in better condition, has documented history and is considerably cheaper. If it was actually available in the UK for purchase I would've bought it :)

Cheers.
Albert

Return to Wanted