Wanted: Skorpion

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Wanted: Skorpion

Postby slimlavud » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:58 pm

IMG_0652.JPG
Hello all, I am looking for a Skorpion, would prefer a yellow one but with a fairly tight budget I cannot afford to be choosy. I am not particular about a Sport, Tour or Traveller.
I had a Baghira which I bought new a few years ago and it was one of the best bikes I ever owned. I have been through several bikes since then and got smashed off my BSA/Harley chopper by a moped thug last October and the girder forks still have not been finished so I have had a Spring and Summer without a motorcycle and it is really getting me down. Please help to put this old git into further danger... get me anytime reasonable on simonduvalsmith1@gmail.com or on 07896 921115. Thank you, Simon.
slimlavud

Re: Wanted: Skorpion

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:26 pm

some one find this bloke a proper ride before he drinks his sorrows away and gets in trouble

:smt023

dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby slimlavud » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:44 pm

DAVID THOMPSON wrote:some one find this bloke a proper ride before he drinks his sorrows away and gets in trouble

:smt023

dave

Thanks David, I have put the drink and drugs behind me (in spite of the picture below) and just chase girls now, with the 1945/54 BSA/Harley chopper I have been living by the mantra of:

Never ride a motorcycle younger than you or a woman older than you, and you will be happy...

A Skorpion will help to tame my philandering a bit I think...

CHESHAM DRINKING ON CHOP006-D71_9506-Edit.jpg
slimlavud

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:06 pm

you will spend all your time explaining what it is and where it was made...
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby simon duval smith » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:33 am

OFFSIDE WHOLE BIKE.jpg
I have found one! A 1995 Skorpion Sport for £710. I am just hoping, that as I am riding it from Sunderland back to London next weekend, it will be more comfortable than the Honda VRX400 I just sold...

Perhaps one of you knows, are the footrests on the Sport higher than on the Traveller or other Skorpions? And so can I move them down easily? There appears to be a hole for the footrests on the alloy 'hanger' slightly further forward that is unused in the picture of 'my' Sport. I guess I would have to move the rear brake master cylinder as well?
I Have looked at pictures of Sports and can see that the footrests on mine have already been moved forward - have they gone as far forward and down as they can please? Also, The footrest slotted 'ankle guards' seem to have gone missing from both sides, I presume you don't get these on a Traveller etc, or they can't be kept if the modification that has been done to mine has been carried out...?

Also, can anyone tell me if the exhaust silencer/can is standard, please?

And also, the seller says it weeps a little bit of oil out of the clutch actuating shaft/lever on the offside engine case - is this just a 'o' ring dried up/cracked/failed or could a breather be blocked? Is the shaft/'o' ring easy to replace - do I have to take the case off or can I just undo what looks like a retaining bolt just below the lever and pull the shaft out?

Thanks, I did have a Baghira in the past but that had no leaks etc - I had bought it new for £2900 from a dealer who was closing down...
Attachments
HANDLEBARS AND CLOCKS DETAIL.jpg
OFFSIDE FOOTREST DETAIL.jpg
2005 Baghira
simon duval smith

Return to Wanted