Missing Posts

ANYONE(no registration necessary) can post here to comment on the site, offer suggestions, or seek help with registration process.

Missing Posts

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:16 pm

I like the look and and lay out of this site better than any other i go to...
I hope we can keep the site up and working for every one

as even though MZ has departed the us market there are a bunch
of fine mz bikes out there that can still be ridden if we are all here to support each other in there use with info and parts sources
ar dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

sign in problem

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:24 pm

IF YOU ARE HAVING A SIGN IN PROBLEM AND JOINED THE SITE
BETWEEN JULY 20 2006 AND AUG 31 2006
PLEASE CHECK THE MEMBERS LIST AND SEE IF YOU WERE DUMPED
YOU MAY HAVE TO JOIN AGAIN IF YOUR PROFILE IS MISSING
AR DAVE
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby e » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:25 pm

I know how difficult it is to maintain these types of forums.

I appreciate all the hard work and time you put into it. (as well as any others who are involved in moderation/maintenance etc)

e
e

Postby Wonky » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:04 pm

Unfortunately when you edit these forums when PHP updates are made they will conflict with any customised folders and inevitably compatibility issues arise due to ALL forum updates being based on the original forum directory. It is a complete nightmare even with e-commerce shopping carts alike. The best option is to keep any customisation to a bare minimum this way future conflicts will be kept to a bare minimum. Unfortunately code-kids will always try to hack forums as the database of e-mail address's is extremely useful to some coders. Protecting this information is ni-on impossible but keeping up-to-date on exploits is extremely important to protect against bots. Hackers will send out bots to attack known vulnerabilities. Setting up a script to back-up your forum every 24hrs will protect it then you can re-release your forum and update it as it was but with the up-to-date exploit fix. Contact me if you would like details on the script to set up automated back-ups, it heavily compress's files and is easy to restore and backs up while you sleep. Although you may lose a few hours posts you will keep everything prior to hacking. The encription is exceptional and paramount. I am open to becoming a moderator if you wish, i monitor three other forums anyway.
Wonky

Return to Suggestion/Comments Box