Looking for a new Community webware, open to suggestions..

ANYONE(no registration necessary) can post here to comment on the site, offer suggestions, or seek help with registration process.

Looking for a new Community webware, open to suggestions..

Postby witttom » Wed May 18, 2005 9:30 am

My virtual home online is http://www.localriders.com and find the environment to be quite comfortable. It has a similiar feel to what we are using here. I believe they are using a combination of vBulletin, VBportal, PhotoPost, and some other addons. Some of this stuff is free, but I know other others parts come at a cost. I don't know the specifics. I do know that the software is fairly customizable to give the group pretty much whatever look and feel you're going for (heck, LocalRiders is always seeing improvements). Whatever you go with, I would try not to make it LOOK too different all at once. Change is necessary to keep up with the times and to take advantage of improvements, but too much change too fast will freak people out and maybe scare some away. :wink:
Tom Witt
78 Suzuki GS750 Cafe Racer
86 Honda Elite 250
98 MZ Baghira 660
99 Triumph Trophy 1200
01 MZ Skorpion 660 Traveller (Sold)
02 MZ 125SM StreetMoto (Sold)
02 Triumph Speed Four
05 Yamaha Grizzly 660
witttom

Postby cdfisher » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:42 pm

I haven't found anything that is as full featured as the PHPBB2 stuff. The WowBB.com stuff looks great for features, but the look and feel is pretty lame. I'm going to stick with the PHPBB2 stuff I have on-tap (coming on-line soon). What did you do to create your customized home page?

I'd like to create something of the same.

Thanks...
Curtis Fisher
President
MidAmerica PowerSports Plus
http://www.mapsp.com
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

Postby borisattva » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:15 pm

cdfisher wrote:I haven't found anything that is as full featured as the PHPBB2 stuff. The WowBB.com stuff looks great for features, but the look and feel is pretty lame. I'm going to stick with the PHPBB2 stuff I have on-tap (coming on-line soon). What did you do to create your customized home page?

I'd like to create something of the same.

Thanks...

Frontpage is the phpbb portal (check out the credits footer of each page load for link to smartor website) it took some coding to configure and adjust it.. which was a fun learning experience, just like every other plugin/mod i had to install for this webiste. however with multiple version of each mod, pros/cons, security flaws etc, it becomes extremely cumbersome to keep updating the board with multiple mods. This is why the need for a different, more complete package arose; to keep updates, features, and security issue under control with less hours on downtime and twekaing etc.

i Have actually found 2 potential packages and will be installing them on a test server in the coming weeks. Please keep dropping in your suggestions and whatever input you may have for our future community look and abilities.
borisattva
Site Admin

software

Postby jim grace » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:19 am

Sorry i do not have the knowledge,or expierence to make comment,but the site to date is excellent,and i have every confidance, that you are the man to develope the site. Cheers and thanks. Jim :-D
jim grace

Return to Suggestion/Comments Box