HELP ON VIN NUMBER ON A BAGGY

Place for dealers to post their websites and contact information

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

HELP ON VIN NUMBER ON A BAGGY

Postby alfredoenrique » Thu May 15, 2008 4:33 pm

HI GUYS,

I bought an mz baghira 660 a month ago. When I went to register it with my title in hand the vin number on the bike was off by two numbers and the vin on the title apears to be registered to a guy in New Jersey. I am in contact with the dealership who sold the bike to the person I purchased it from and they have been super helpful. I have a copy of the invoice MZ OF NORTH AMERICA gave my dealership when they sold the bike to them originally and a faded bill of sale to the previous owner.

The owner of the dealership and the previous owner have no porblems in signing an affidavid or anything else I may need to resolve my title issue. The dealership put me in contact with a nice guy who used to work with MZ here in the states named John Stoader (I cant spell his last name). John is going to help me out with the info I have and get in contact with the factory to have them send a MSO which is what the DMV is requiring from me.

The problem comes is that I am moving abroad and have a whole container waiting for me and my bike (hey I'll leave the bike before the bike je je) buth John is out of town for more than 10 days and I was wondering if there is someone that I can talk to in MZ to help me get this thing resolved which is a simple typo.

As I said I have the dealership willing to help, the Invoice from MZ OF NORTH AMERICA so this is no "shaddy" stuff and I an desperate to resolve this.

Please held guys :-D
alfredoenrique

Re: HELP ON VIN NUMBER ON A BAGGY

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sat May 17, 2008 9:54 am

always proof read all the paper work when it comes back from the DMV
my saxon tour and rt125 both came back as moto guzzi's on the forms
because they did not understand MZ MUZ
but i always have trouble with the dmv in my state
dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Return to MZ Dealerships