MZ-B

Place for dealers to post their websites and contact information

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

MZ-B

Postby beerbunny » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:25 am

Hi folks, new forum member here.

I recently bought back the TS 250 Supa 5 that I gave away about 20 years ago. Needs a full rebuild. But that's part of the fun, right? :roll:

My query is this; About 10 days ago, I sent an order to MZ-B for quoting (strange system they have), and so far I've heard nothing. Can't raise them on the phones, either. Has the place closed down for the summer holiday? Or are they just very slow to respond?

I'm really looking forward to getting the beast back on the road, but at the current rate of progress, they'll have to bury it with me (and a decent toolkit, of course).

Cheers,

John
beerbunny

Re: MZ-B

Postby manumensa » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:34 pm

Wellcome John.

You fill all complet the inquiry form, better in german language. They must repond you in two or three days.

Advice: mz-b is a great shop but no the unique internet MZ spare parts shop.

Best regards, Manuel.
The answer is blowin' in the wind...no wind no answer :(
manumensa

Postby beerbunny » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:25 am

Yes, I used their enquiry form, but I didn't fill it out in German; I used English. So far, they haven't responded in nearly 2 weeks. :cry:

Cheers,

John
beerbunny

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:55 pm

get some one to help you do it in german and note that original was in english some where on form
at one time i think there was only one fellow that worked there that spoke english
and he may not read it well
dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby beerbunny » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:16 pm

Good thinking; I'll give it a go.

Thanks,

John
beerbunny

Postby iceman » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:44 pm

I use this works great. http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby TS2Fifty » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:09 am

Ahh, so there's the phantom post I was replying to!!! :-D

I can't for the life of me remember exactly what I was saying except that if you're in Britain then Fred Rogers can get hold of MZ parts. He's based in Winsford, Cheshire & his phone number is 01606 593 638. I think he is biased more towards MuZ stuff but it might be worth giving him a try. I keep meaning to ring him about engine bearings and seals and a few other TS bits but haven't got round to it yet (always seem to think of it at stupid o-clock at night! :roll: ), although my local back street shop may have come up trumps yet & certainly can get the bearings I need and the seals. (See the good garages thread for their details if you need to).

Best of luck getting the old girl up and running & may I say, fantastic choice of bike sir... Even if I may just be a teeny little bit biased! :lol:
TS2Fifty

Postby beerbunny » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi TS2fifty, sorry for the delay in replying; I'm afraid I'd forgotten that I belonged to this forum. :oops: Lot of things been happening this past year, including getting made redundant. End of sob story. :cry:

Thanks for the good wishes. I still haven't got the beast on the road, though I'm getting closer.

Cheers,

John
beerbunny

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:25 pm

note mz-b.de has sold the mz parts supplys biz to a place in hungry and it uses the mz-b.de web site
the site for the electrical stuff for many bike brands is now

http://www.powerdynamo.biz/

dave
of everything"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby beerbunny » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Hi Dave,

Yeah, I found that out when I tried buy something small from them recently.

Unfortunately, the costs were a little on the prohibitive side. Something like 20% Hungarian VAT, plus the carriage was about £28, about three times the cost of the item I wanted to buy. Needless to say, I bought the item second-hand in the UK, where it cost me £6 inc. p&p.

That, incidentally, is the only time I've managed to get a reply from them. Possibly now it's changed hands, MZ-B will become a little more customer-friendly.

I still think they've got a weird approach to selling.

Cheers,

John
beerbunny

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:12 pm

20 years down the line they may still be doing some things the way they did before the wall fell.
i have noticed in some dealings there approach to sales (eastern block country's) is a bit strange to what we in the usa and uk
are used to and i thought vat was not charged if shipped out of country but there in the eu so may have to charge it
if you are also .
dave

very tired tonight so this may read funny
of everything"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Postby manumensa » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:19 pm

David, you right.
Hungary and UK are UE members.In the UE countries members the private customer (not a company customer) may
have to pay the VAT of the UE seller country.

Saludos/Regards.
The answer is blowin' in the wind...no wind no answer :(
manumensa

Return to MZ Dealerships