New Member with Rickman MZ

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Re: New Member with Rickman MZ

Postby traderyoda » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:23 am

The MZ Metisse was built for Lynn Wineland by Rickman New Milton and shipped complete - Lynn apparently didn't care much for the exhaust set-up and mounted the ISDT pipe. I thought it might be equipped with the centerline brake hub, but it's actually equipped with a British Hub Company hub rigged to a Dunlop steel rim and a Goodyear MX tire. I cannot be sure if someone who purchased the bike from Lynn's estate after his death didn't switch out the rear hub. The front hub is a standard Rickman aluminum conical. The BHC rear hub might have been used to suit the right-side chain on the MZ.
traderyoda

Postby Puffs » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:27 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Last edited by Puffs on Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puffs

Postby traderyoda » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:18 pm

This machine was built for one purpose only - to evaluate the viability of the MZ motor for U.S. off-road racing. From what I've learned the machine did exceedingly well, but the lack of availability of the motor in large quantities spelled the end of the experiment. When I get it running it'll be interesting to see just how well it performs.
traderyoda

Postby Puffs » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:58 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Puffs

Previous

Return to Main Lobby