Replacement battery for Baghira 660

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Replacement battery for Baghira 660

Postby Hockers » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:38 am

IMG_20191207_153016.jpg
New battery in situ
IMG_20191207_152716.jpg
New battery type
Hi everyone this is my first post and I'm hoping to make it a useful one . I've just swapped out the battery on my old Baghira, and the replacement battery type is A12.6Ah AGM .

It was a tight fit but the cables reached the new terminals and the bike spins over much quicker now
Hockers

Re: Replacement battery for Baghira 660

Postby Hockers » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:57 am

You can also see a general lack of air filter in the photo - this is because I have removed it, and cut up a metal flour sieve to cover the intake. The cut edges needed to be taped up to stop the mesh falling apart. the additional trick is to spray the mesh with fine oil or wd40, so dust is captured. This really improves the air flow, and makes it easy to spray carb cleaner into the inlet, which I've found gets rid or that annoying engine splutter when carb 2 tries to join in at about 60mph .
Hockers

Re: Replacement battery + air filter for Baghira 660

Postby Puffs » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:12 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Last edited by Puffs on Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puffs

Postby Hockers » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:27 pm

Hi Puff, thank you for your lengthy reply. The new battery is much more powerful than the standard fitment, I assumed those interested in the post would be aware of the standard battery specifications. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on air filtration, I'm sure many people share your worries, however I find it an excellent arrangement, that has improved mpg and performance. Also the carbs are performing more smoothly, when I bought the bike 3 years ago the carbs were pretty awful,with sliders constantly sticking and performance on motorways almost unrideable. Since the modifications it's a smooth ride throughout. The previous owner is amazed as it turns out that was the main reason the bike was sold so cheap (£800). Thank goodness it's a free country where I live and I can make my own choices on this :wink:
Hockers

Postby Puffs » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:36 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Puffs

Return to Main Lobby