Viral Interlude

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Re: Viral Interlude

Postby AlanJ » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi M,
Thanks for that,as for running, the original one is fine, but I will have to give the new one a good run to get rid of the oil in the crankcase as it is still smoking, it's not making much difference running it static. Trouble is the lockdown and the rain, it's a blasted nuisance but at my age I must stick to the rules,
sadly.
Alan.
AlanJ

Postby Puffs » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:30 am

Ta for posting those Alan, and yes: they both look nice!

And indeed quite similar...

Part of me also craves for the 500 4T, if only because KTM used that Rotax engine too, in their first moves into 4T. But I never actually saw an MZ with that engine.

As for the smoke, here we are definitely allowed to ride the bikes, this time 'round, and I would really first have a good spin on it before doing anything else. BUT: this morning it was white again, and old fingers like the cold just about as well as nice bikes like salt spray.
Puffs

Postby AlanJ » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:34 pm

Hi Aii,
Thanks, guys for all your good thoughts, and help on the build of this Saxon. I learnt a lot during the build, especially the electrics, which I was lacking in knowledge. I must say I am very pleased with the outcome albeit not being sure which one to keep, and as I said before we will see. This is the end of my Viral Interlude so, thanks again wish you well and have a great, safe Christmas, when it comes.
Alan.
AlanJ

Previous

Return to Main Lobby