MZ In The U.S......What' The Deal?

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Postby keithcross » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:07 pm

Engine parts for the 660 engined models should not be to much of a problem as Yamaha fitted the enigine to 2 different models in the UK, the SZR660 and XTZ660. Parts for these models are still available in Europe.
Wheel hubs are available from Yamaha world wide (some bearing mods may be required), front fork parts directly from Marzocchi, rear suspensio linkage from Yamaha and the rear shock from White power. The Baghira intrument panel is similar to the units fitted to Husquarna. Brake parts should also be soucable from Grimica and Yamaha.
The only problem parts would be the frame, chassis steel work, swinging arm and plastic, although these may be available from Acerbis.
From what I can gather from previous posters the 125 models should still be being made in Malaysia.
The main problem in the futre is going to be, I think, with the 1000 models.
I will try to get some feed back from MZ Germany, I am hoping that the bikes will still be made for the European market.
I am sure that members of this forum will try to get parts for our American friends when required.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:51 pm

BSA
Mz uk parts supplyer
here is the parts guy
phil@bsa-regal.co.uk
he works for the english
parts seller in the UK
http://www.bsa-regal.co.uk
ar dave

phil had parts in my hand in 5 days from order ...via gb post and usa mail in april of 05

and he can do it on your charge card
hope he can get us what we need to keep them running
rotax powered motor parts try http://www.rotax.net
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby robe » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:04 pm

Hello,

and greetings from germany.

MZ is still alive and all 125, Baghi and 1000 S/SF/ST are available in Europe.
At http://www.muz.de you can see some changes in colours and bodywork for the
2006 models. (sorry, just in german language, the english site isn`t updated
yet)
If you need help with parts for mz 4-stroke models look at http://www.mz1000.de,
http://www.mz-baghira.de or http://www.mzskorpion.de, i think the people in this forums
will be helpful for your problems.

Bye, and excuse my bad english!

I`m just a driver (`94 Skorpion Sport and `05 1000 SF)
robe

Postby elric762 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:23 pm

Any one have any status update?

I have e-mailed both Gemany and Motorrad of North America to see what the story was (ie. part availibility) and have not received any response (no surprise).

I really my MZ, but getting parts from Europe can be a hassle (and $).
elric762

Postby cdfisher » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:42 pm

Because of possible legal issues, I cannot go into detail about what has happened to MZ in the US Market. However, we know Jens (our contact in Germany) personally, and we will continue to work on your behalf for parts availabilty.

Thanks for you patience and we will get through this. Call Don at 816.777.1785 and give him your orders. We will refund your deposits fully if we are unable to procure the part in a reasonable amount of time. Give us 30 days max from the time of order.

Thanks,
Curtis Fisher
President
MidAmerica PowerSports Plus
http://www.mapsp.com
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

Postby skyfroggy » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:00 am

Thanks for the option Curtis. Good on you. :)
skyfroggy

Re: oops

Postby cat » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:55 am

DAVID THOMPSON wrote:and can you get me electrical drawings
of the baggie and 1000s so i can help the guy's trouble shoot electrical problems
ar dave

a good drafting shop can scan them as a dot TIF file and i can get
a big one printed here in my home town without mailing them

any one got electrical drawings so i can make an arcive

did you get anywhere with this? (i suppose not, i haven't seen anything about wiring diagrams anywhere.)

MZ tech support seem to be helpful, going by the responses people have shown. maybe we could find out what ...maybe, eventually, they could give us a copy of the Baghira wiring diagram. ...?
cat

Postby phlat65 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:19 pm

I have the copy of the wiring diagram that came with the bike, don't you?

I could scan them and e-mail them to you..
2001 MZ Black Panther
2001 Suzuki RM125 (full Enduro)
Old Hondas- TT500 Ascott, 305 Dream Touring
phlat65

Postby blackpantheruk » Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:51 am

I think they should design a bike like the black panther but bigger and faster :twisted:

i know i would buy one
blackpantheruk

Postby BRAAAP ! » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:24 pm

bit like the highland 1000cc v twin. . .

http://www.highland.se/images/highland-motard.jpg

mmmmm

if i had the money :-D
two wheels good, four wheels bad. . . .
BRAAAP !

Postby LWS66 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:49 pm

Them Swedes don't give up, do they! First they design the original 510 Husqvarna four-stroke then Cagiva takes it away...so they start up Husaberg and conquer, then KTM takes that away from them and so they come up with this! Definately some quality stuff from Sweden....as always. :-D
LWS66

Postby keithcross » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:00 am

Se one of thse bikes in the flesh ad one UK mag did a road test against the KTM 950. The test put the KTM in front but may have been biased.
I quite liked the look of it and it felt right when in the saddlle, could'nt blag a test ride though.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Postby cat » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:44 am

phlat65 wrote:I have the copy of the wiring diagram that came with the bike, don't you?

I could scan them and e-mail them to you..

no, i haven't bought one yet. i looked at the used one (the yellow motozulu i posted a photo of), but it was crashed -- twice, by dealers it was at to be sold -- the right tank cover is not the shortened one in the photo, it's a horrible fibreglass job that doesn't fit, the frame was straightened, and the instrument/headlight thing was at an odd angle to the handlebars. so next week - this week - i must arrange to get time off work to see a new yellow one at a dealer down the coast. but first i'd like to find out if there's any way to check whether or not it's one of the 'reduced performance' models, by the engine number or VIN.

thanks, though. i forgot about the manual wiring diagram when the guy asked for electrical diagrams. now i don't know what he meant.
cat

Postby cat » Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:46 am

elric762 wrote:I really my MZ, but getting parts from Europe can be a hassle (and $).

what parts have you needed, and had a problem with?
cat

Postby bimotabob » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:26 pm

I have owned Laverdas, Bimotas and now an MZ. All these makes ended production during the times I owned them. Both Laverda and Bimota tried to come back a number of times but never really succeeded. It seems in my experiences that owners groups, dedicated dealers and a few enthusiastic owners come together to provide information and parts. I believe that this forum is a great step in a positive direction. Jenns, a engineer for the distributor here in Daytona may be a good source for information. He has returned to Germany and after evaluating the situation was going to try and provide some answers and a means to contact him for further information. If and when I receive this information I will post to this site. Good luck to all. If it is any relief the Laverda's sold for much more than thier original purchase price.
2005 MZ 1000S (Silver)
bimotabob

PreviousNext

Return to Main Lobby