Electric or What?

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Re: Electric or What?

Postby AlanJ » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:09 am

Morning Puffs,
Yes, isn't it just wonderful, governments are always able to muck things up, I can remember when diesel fuel was cheaper than petrol
and diesel cars were promoted because of that, they then switched it round, what about the loss in value for the people who bought with this in mind?
I know I didn't mention it earlier but it concerned me that every evening and w/end what about the massive surge in electricity in the world, it's not on.
Anyway Puffs we could go on forever on this one so, take care Alan.
AlanJ

Re: Electric or What?

Postby Gerryman Ts125 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:03 am

Saving the planet (yes it is worth it) by using electric anything is a mute point. Sure I don't use much electricity (apart from lighting my car, igniting my car, starting my car) and all the electrical items it contains.via it's diesel engines power.

My radiophone (using it now) needs charging once every two days (even more if I watch any videos on it)
The power my abodes need are also stored, from being filled by whatever method the suppliers use. I have no control over.
I shave as I have always, using a blade (did use a toy plastic soldier as a preteen at primary :mrgreen:)
Brush my teeth and gums using a electrical brush. And vaccum floor coverings with a electrical power. I microwave most small food.

I have a logburner in my house in Glasgow and my island escape abode too. Both abode's use electric also. So heating is no problem to me (people complain about the fuel I use in my logburner in Glasgow) fuc& them, they're too young to really know how much I used to pollute on my 2t's and all the oil my cars and vans used as they were well worn, before repair and sale.

Be like me and spend your weekends (and other extended hols) on a peaceful island. Only three quarters of a mile (by boat, canoe, backstroke if your mad) from Hunterston B reactor. They (the Nuclear authority) have informed the people of all surrounding properties (within forty miles) that it is starting to crack and weep (nano sized just now) but they will run it down and decommission it.

I will be dead long by then. But as I travel the islands roads on my pedal cycles, I can see that on all the telegraph poles and other high placed area s, their mini detectors (about the size of a d cell battery).

Now and again they do fall down and are either eaten by the local farmers cattle, or removed by the carrion crows. And I am going to retire there, and the island has seen its halcyon days slip on by.

When the owners of the reactor shut up shop, it will be replaced by wind and wave power generators (so they say, as it's in the Clyde estuary and has other nearby by wind generator farms).

The land that surrounds it and the approach roads will be modified to allow a tunnel to be built, from Portencross to be joined up to smaller islets that are between the islands of Cumbrae and Bute.

So you can drive via the A78 West/south to the A82 North Argyle in a mostly underwater tunnel/ bridge system.

A very nice scenic drive, if it's not snowing, unless they bury the spent fuel rods and concrete under the carriageway. But at least you will be glowing

I'm giving up driving at sixty, as I can commute everywhere for free in Scotland, as that's when I get my penny ticket.
So will be polluting more, but not by my feet.
As the chances of all bus services outwith major areas, will be diesel hybrid like the trains.

And will never be totally electric. Or the boats for that matter nor spacecraft or commercial flights.

But hopefully industry will cut back it's use of cloud killing gasses.And chopping down the oxygen producing trees. Without replacing them with a thousand saplings for every Amazonian deceased giant.
`I stink therefore I have a old bikers jacket that`s alive`
Gerryman Ts125

Previous

Return to Main Lobby