Must see video

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Must see video

Postby AlanJ » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:28 am

Hi Guys,
I looked at this video yesterday although it was posted in the British MZ Riders just before Christmas, so I
am a bit late with it, but, as it is showing pretty well all my thoughts on the subject, I have shoved it on here
to see what you all think. Ok so it's a long vid but try to see it to the end because it's the latter part, ie. the thought
where our Governments are trying to push us and why. I think, very interesting. This Vid was produced by
Stuart Fillingham who has produced many videos on bikes, and while his voice may not be to everyone's liking, he talks sense. This particular video is 34 minutes long and features the government's intent to ban all petrol powered motorcycles from 2035. That’s barely thirteen years away. But that is not all. This, of course, refers mostly to GB, BUT.?

Stuart explains:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS2Kq_qzl-A
AlanJ

Re: Must see video

Postby Puffs » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:57 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Last edited by Puffs on Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puffs

Postby Blurredman » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:39 pm

I did briefly watch the video when it was released and whilst I do appreciate where it's coming from, I also think people make too much out of a mole hill sometimes.

To be sure it was going to happen (was it surely not?!) that one day petrol and diesel cars will be banned. Of course, NEW vehicles... we can continue to use our vehicles until they become rotten enough to ride directly into their grave, but some might argue where will the petrols be? That is of course an unknown.

Lots of people, when E10 came along say- oh just use E5- obviously not realising that one day (5 years perhaps) E5 98 will be removed too..

The problem for me is that all the discussion is so academic it's not even worth talking about. What will happen will happen. A lot of people on this forum are aged, 60+. As time will go on, as much as we long for the smell of petrol, 100 years time there may be people talking such as we do not about how bad we all used to be whilst they try and achieve the perfectly silent transport.
1973 MZ ES250/2 - 17,000 miles - The project! :)
1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 9,000 miles - Mud :)
1981 Honda CX500B - 91,000 miles - Long Distance :)
1987 MZ ETZ300 - 38,000 miles - Sun :)
1989 MZ ETZ251 - 49,000 miles - Commute :)

ftp://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/Vehicle_Documents/MZ_Documents/
Blurredman

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:05 pm

perfectly silent transport.

this is the goal when the people want to assemble a complaint rally

the guy in charge just turns of the electric
and
it goes away because you have to walk to get there
and the internet is off so no news that it is going on
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby AlanJ » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:34 am

Hi Guys,
Good to see your replies. As it happens none of this (ev. etc etc.) will affect me, because coming up to 85 yrs
there's not enough living time to concern one's self with, not a problem, but that's how it is. NO, my problem is when
a government academic (nonrider) says at 85 I should not be riding, but until then, I will endeavor to give it some welly.
Puffs, I am completely with you on the injection front and until everyone thinks that way, we will not get rid of this virus.
As you are both intimating, this vid is really too long, but the part that I thought might have grabbed you a bit, was
building into the vehicle a means of controlling how one drives or rides. (Big Brother) it's not how I would like life to be,
but again it won't affect me, so I can say that.
Stay safe Alan.
AlanJ

Postby AlanJ » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:48 am

Hi Dave,
You've got it, it won't affect you and me too much but watch this space.
Stay well Alan.
AlanJ

Return to Main Lobby