Spring a mixed blessing

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Spring a mixed blessing

Postby RiverDrive » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:52 pm

Well the thermometer hit 80F yesterday in Philadelphia Pa, USA. Nice but, when its cold out all I have to worry about are the SUVs and Minivans. When the weather turns warm, the road is full of rice rockets and there ill-mannered, shorts and T-shirt wearing (helmet optional) riders. On my daily commute I see car drivers, talking on cell phones, applying makeup, and even reading the paper. It’s annoying but I am faster than they are which makes it easy to stay out of there way. The only close call I have had in resent years was with one of these Valentino wana be types . I was cruising on the high way at 80mph, in pace with the left lane traffic, when this moron passed me, in my lane, just as I was about to change lane position. He must have been going well over 100. It scared the crap out of me and taught me to check my mirrors before changing lane position. I can’t blame some cruiser folks for hating sport bikers. I think I’m going to miss my electric vest.
01 Sport Cup Gone Sport
RiverDrive

Return to Main Lobby