slow!!

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

slow!!

Postby cheesy75 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:42 pm

hello another newbie here, just a couple of things ! the bike is awsome i love the super moto style but coming from a fireblade to this ! i cant get used to the short gearing and it feels like it only does 2000 revs before it hits the limiter has any one tried to put a different motor in ! is there a bike with the same wheel spacing so i can have a cheap pair of off road wheels for winter fun! oh and the front end is ugly as sin (soon change that with a decent set of clocks and m-o-t legal alien headlight) pics will follow when winter allows me to give it some time off! sounds like a moan but i love it really! in the words of ali g........keep it real ..innit! any response welcome i dont see many other mz riders !
cheesy75

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:19 pm

welcome
i have been looking at a uk map to see where your from
sure hope the wind blows to the east in the winter not from it
the north sea is a bit of a beast in winter been there seen it
us navy 1966 -67 :-D the real piss off was we went all that way and back no liberty in england did the same thing to me off spain
set of the coast for 2 weeks and then back home
told them to p**** off when they ask me to sign for an other 4 years

what is the posted speeds on a M road as compaired to a A road
and hope you enjoy your new bike
i like both of mine except for the long wait for spair parts
:D :D
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby keithcross » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:21 pm

MZ do a wheel set that fits stright on. Others in this group have fitted Yamaha XT600 wheels after modification (the wheel bearing sizes are different).

As for posted speed likits, generally out of town the speed limits are 60 on A roads and 70 on the motorways. These are not always follwed howver, with speeds of up to 80mph being generally ignored by the police on motorways.

Keith
Ride it like you stole it
keithcross

Return to Main Lobby