New ts 150 owner out of Berlin

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

New ts 150 owner out of Berlin

Postby kaiserklayton » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:01 am

Hi all,
Just picked up a ts 150 around Dresden. I'm back at home staring at my machine parked out front of the apartment. Excited to find a garage and get to work.

Back in college days I collected and worked on several mopeds: Puch, Motobecane, Garelli, Peugeot, Sachs, Tomos, even an Indian four stroke (still 50 cc).

Also a diesel Mercedes w123-era fanatic. Had a sedan and a wagon but both sold.

Had a Honda CB650z but sold as well.

I'm excited to get back into two stroke!

Hello to all and regards,
/C
American in Berlin
kaiserklayton

Re: New ts 150 owner out of Berlin

Postby manxie » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:31 am

Hello there, sounds great...any pictures?
1998 1200 Bandit
1980 Yamaha XT250
1984 Yamaha Chappie 80cc :-)
manxie

Re: New ts 150 owner out of Berlin

Postby kaiserklayton » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:46 am

Here are some stock photos I got from the seller before buying. I haven't had the chance to take my own.
moto2.jpg

moto3.jpg

moto4.jpg

Some notes:
Funnily enough the tank is a different color than the fairings and headlamp. I understand that MZ produced 3 different shades of red for the ts150...it bothers me enough to notice every time I look at the bike, but I'll live... :roll:

The goal right now is to buy a battery and get it running and registered. I won't think about a full restoration until it gets cold again.

The rear fender was clearly re-painted (and poorly), including a nice cover-job on the VIN plate, so I'll have to strip the paint there in order to expose the plate. It is beyond me why anyone would ever do this. I assume this is going to cause me problems at inspection time.

Comments welcome! Very excited for my foray into MZ! It seems only natural I'm back in the 2-stroke saddle..

Cheers,
/C
American in Berlin
kaiserklayton

Return to Main Lobby