Returnee to the marque!

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Returnee to the marque!

Postby baldeagle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:19 am

When I was poor and struggling with my first mortgage I needed a cheap and cheerful ride to work bike.
I found an ES250 which suited me perfectly,well the price did!!It served me well for what it was to the extent that I changed it for a TS250 which again was far better than I expected.
As the years passed I went through many different bikes from different countries and continents.
My first bikes were either UK built or very early Japanese and eventually passed through 4 Goldwings,that was of course after the mortgage was finally paid off!!
With increasing age and infirmity especially some after crashes,which I guess where inevitable over 40 years,some of them as a despatch rider,I decided to move to France where the sun is easier on the bones.
Now settled I thought with a Bonnie America,well my partner is Canadian and likes cruisers and a 750 Guzzi I thought I was settled in the garage.
I make an annual pilgrimage to the TT and have done for 40 years with the same friends,so some of us are greybeards!! But not me :D ,they all ride classics which I love and have ridden some over on the Island some years but only after someone else starts the buggers!.
So sitting here the other day,too hot to go out,reminiscing about the old days I got thinking about Mz's.
So after all this drivel I Introduce myself as the proud owner of a ES250/2 Trophy Deluxe!!1969.
Through the devil of EvilBay UK a friend there will kindly collect it and cosset it until I can get over there and pick it up.
I can't wait,it has Powerdynamo and 28mm Mikuni carb,looks like it is lacking indicators and side stand,but LOOKS,I know the pics can lie in really fine fettle.Look forward to reacquainting myself with the marque and getting to know you guys.
Thanks for having me and sorry for the long read,an excited new owner :-D
baldeagle

Re: Returnee to the marque!

Postby Blurredman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:19 pm

Take plenty of pictures then to show us!!! :)
1972 MZ ES250/2 - 16,000 miles - The project! :)
1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 9,000 miles - Mud :)
1981 Honda CX500B - 91,000 miles - Long Distance :)
1987 MZ ETZ300 - 38,000 miles - Sun :)
1990 MZ ETZ251 - 49,000 miles - Commute :)

ftp://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/Vehicle_Documents/MZ_Documents/
Blurredman

Postby therealche » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:22 pm

I would guess that it's this one!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131869271625?
ES250 Doppelport, ES250, ES250/1, ES250/2,ETS 250, ES150, ETS150, BK350, IWL Pitty, SR56 Wiesel, SR59 Berlin, Troll............ and thats just the German two strokes!
http://thecomeconcollection.blogspot.com/
therealche

Postby AlanJ » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:11 am

Hi baldeagle, Great Post, this getting old is a bit of a bugger though. I am not too bad at the starting but I have a bit of fun trying to get me leg over the blasted thing, and then of course it's getting off. I'm determined to get there though. I must admit I am very envious of your TT exploits. I watch every year on the box, but to stand at the right place with a pint must be wonderful. Have a great time with the ES, incidently she looks really good. Wish you well take care Alan.
AlanJ

Return to Main Lobby