Can I say hello?

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Can I say hello?

Postby Peitha » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:01 pm

:smt006

Newbie here returning to the MZ fold after many years! My first bike many years ago was an MZ ETS 250 Trophy Sport which after many happy miles, and a fair few frozen ones, got stolen whilst in pieces just as I was about to finish a rebuild. Only ever got the exhaust back but at least I had the carb ... (And if anyone tries to date me by how long ago it is that you could ride a 250 on a provisional licence, well, you're no gentleman!)

Since then have done the usual Japanese/German things and still have a BMW twin as a sports tourer to assuage the occasional 'need for speed'.

Anyway, now acquired a 125 SM, plus most of a second one, to rebuild and get to riding condition, possibly also to fit the SX wheels if I can find some and do a bit of green laning. (Has anyone experience using a 125 SX or other MZ in Long Distance/Classic trials?)

Apologies in advance to any purists but in the short term rideability and reliability will trump concours restoration but all advice on the rebuild will be gratefully received (already found one good bit on here!)

So, looking forward to getting to know you guys .. all the best,

Liz B
Peitha

Re: Can I say hello?

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:20 pm

23,000 miles on a 2002 rt125 with same motor and love it
learned a lot about the bike over the years
got a question do ask

dave

do give the wire harness a good look over
that has been a big problem from day one
read about relay 19 on 125 it controls the whole bike and can be a real pain
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Re: Can I say hello?

Postby Peitha » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:40 am

Thanks for that, the wiring harness on it as it is looks a bit mucked about, but there is a complete second wiring harness in the spares, so hopefully one or the other will be OK. Will look up about the relay.

Cheers,

Liz
Peitha

Return to Main Lobby