New guy here from Ohio, USA

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

New guy here from Ohio, USA

Postby MZ250Ben » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:38 pm

Greetings fellow MZ riders! I am very happy to find this forum, as I now own 2 MZ bikes, one 1974 250, and one 1974 150. The 250 is actually the first motorcycle I ever rode on, my grandfather took me around the yard on it when I was 4 years old. The bike never ran again until 31 years later I took it in from the garage and rebuilt it from the bottom up. It now looks and runs better than it ever did, being fitted with a 12v CDI magneto ignition and a Mikuni VM 30 carb. Since then, I have decided to restore another bike each year of my life until I am no longer able to lift a wrench. I now own a Puch 250, a Honda S65, a Gilera 106ss, a Ducati 125, an MZ 150, and a Honda CX500 for days when my sweetie wants to ride along. I hope to meet and interact with the members here, and learn from their experiences as well as share mine. Cheers, and happy riding!

SAM_0048.JPG
MZ250Ben

Re: New guy here from Ohio, USA

Postby Eric Frith » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:16 am

Lovely looking bike, The MZ scene is big in Miami apparently.
Eric Frith

Postby MZ250Ben » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:14 am

Thanks! The MZ racing club is based in Miami, CUBA. They have a facebook page, and some really nicely done-up machines. It's worth a look.
MZ250Ben

Postby arthurf » Wed May 29, 2019 12:44 am

G'day from Oz. I have recently (less than a year ago) purchased a 1987 MZ 250 ETZ. We have a few around here I know of 3 others, plus an older Trophy.
Mine has been totally restored and mostly rebuilt - part of the reason why I bought it. Front mudguard was and is wrong (will likely fix that in a couple of months), but am not happy with the BVF carb. The slide is badly worn/marked and occasionally sticks part way open (not very nice!).
So I am interested in your Mikuni conversion (along with the other items I have read on the subject on this site).

Have you used a Mikuni VM30? Which model? And does it have a spigot connection to the manifold (or a flange)?
How did you join the other side to the Air Box? On one of the conversions it would appear that it is possible to use the current rubber - but with a bit cut off. I can no longer get onto the"RealClassic" site to get a copy of the Pickard information, and therefore ask what specs you have used for the Mikuni (jetting, slide cutaway, needle etc..). Could you perhaps put some photos/description/specs up on the site, or in a reply?
Thanks in advance, Arthur
arthurf

Return to Main Lobby