How many skorpion sports left in the uk

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Re: How many skorpion sports left in the uk

Postby silver » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:34 am

Ive only ridden the Skorpion once for about 80 miles, Its light and fun to ride, brakes quite well and has reasonable power. The XBR is similar but it feels much more dated in the handling wallows around bit, brakes are rubbish, power is significantly down on Scorpion, but i like the styling. I was thinking of selling the XBR but now i think i will keep both for a while and decide which way to go later. I had an SZR some years ago and the Skorp is similar, but i remember feeling cramped on the SZR.
06 BMW F800s
02 Ducati 749S
88 XBR500 Café Racer
99 MZ Scorpion Sport project
silver

Postby tigcraft » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:50 pm

silver wrote:Ive only ridden the Skorpion once for about 80 miles, Its light and fun to ride, brakes quite well and has reasonable power. The XBR is similar but it feels much more dated in the handling wallows around bit, brakes are rubbish, power is significantly down on Scorpion, but i like the styling. I was thinking of selling the XBR but now i think i will keep both for a while and decide which way to go later. I had an SZR some years ago and the Skorp is similar, but i remember feeling cramped on the SZR.

I think it's quite interesting what you say about the xbr. I also think it's funny to what you said about the szr too. My first skorpion left endless memories of fun which I never captured on any other bike. I only had it less than a year as I came into some money and px-ed it for a Ducati 748, interesting experience but bad move. I wanted my skorpion back and the dealer traded it somewhere. Oh well I thought and kept the duke for a few months then it had to go as it was too hard to live with. I then wanted another skorpion but didn't find one and test tried the next best thing an szr660. It handled like the skorpion but it was short to the bars and so cramped that it was a no no move. After not finding another for a while I ended up with a 'Tigcraft' which was a Honda dominator 650 engine in a bespoke Tigcraft chassis and was in 'Bike' magazine years ago. It was too much track bike and crude but also fun on the flip side, but still I hankered after another skorpion..........
ETZ250, ts150, ts250, Other toys.....Trx850...Bonneville SE...Bmw f800gt bmw Rockster ...X7...GSX250KATANA ...TL1000
tigcraft

Postby silver » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:20 am

I have on special offer at the moment just the thing....
Skorpion frame with V5, downtube swing arm. rear subframe, forks, wheels, tank, front mudguard, rear shock. oil tank. Various other bits and bobs. £250 the lot. Worth a try, i could do with a clear out. Dave
By the way a know what you mean about living with the Ducati. I love mine but it could never be the main bike.
06 BMW F800s
02 Ducati 749S
88 XBR500 Café Racer
99 MZ Scorpion Sport project
silver

Previous

Return to Main Lobby