MZ spares from Turkey

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

MZ spares from Turkey

Postby AlanJ » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:51 am

Hi All,
I have just had a delivery from a company in Istanbul Turkey, I placed the order for Saxon Tour 301 parts on 19th and they arrived today, 27th.The Company name MZ Parcalari.com Now I must mention that their communication is practically non existant which is a shame ( I have mentioned this to them) and I must say I was a little worried after not getting a reply to 4 or 5 mails to them but I must say the order turned up ok
Now it's obviously up to you guys if you use them but have a look at the prices and I promise you you will be amaized
a faint heart an all that. To give you an idea a full wiring harness is 50L that equates to just over £11. Have a look, for pounds divide by 4.5 sorry guys I don't know what it is for dollars. Anyway give it a looksee. I have just had a look at the dollar rate and it looks like divide by 3.7, don't hold me to that though.
Take care All Alan
AlanJ

Re: MZ spares from Turkey

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:50 pm

there staff of people that know English may be limited
this results in unanswered emails
there alphabet is different than English i think this also makes English harder to learn
so pray the poor over worked English speaker waits till after your order is shipped before he quits
(for the day ??)

Dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby AlanJ » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:18 pm

Hi Dave,
To be honest you might be right, but I'll tell you one thing, you must have a look at the prices a complete set of front forks is 500 Lira that's £111. A pair of rear shocks is £31 and so it goes on folks. Anyway as I said it's up to you. Me I'm about to make my second order.
Take care Alan.
AlanJ

Postby Guesi » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:53 am

Hello

I visited this shop when I was in Istanbul last November.
They are quite chaotic organized and 90 % of the parts are made in China or Taiwan.
Quality is sometimes very poor, for example zinc plated parts are rusty inside the plastic bag.
Or chromed rims with partially no chrome.
But f you want to buy cheap parts and quality is not that important.....
Attachments
DSCI0449.JPG
Guesi Motorradteile
MZ spare parts
http://www.guesi-motorradteile.de
Guesi

Postby AlanJ » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:23 am

Hi Guesi,
I am not knocking what you are saying, and I agree with you on quality, but in a lot of cases where there is good quality the price is 3 times that from Istanbul. A full wiring loom in the UK is about £68 in Turkey they are asking just over £11 and what say, where did the £68 one come from, only you guys will know that. Now I must say that you, Guesi, do a great job in advising and helping people with their problems, great. You are promoting your Co and I would do the same, power to your elbow and all that, but money is money. Anyway guys it's up to you, you pays your money and takes the chance.
Take care All Alan.
AlanJ

Postby AlanJ » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:31 am

Hi All,
The Turkey saga goes on, I have maybe found the answer to the communication problem, if you want a question answered then stick the English into a translation site and copy and paste it into the Turkish site. I tried it, and it worked for the first time , I got a reply, in English. Mind you don't have a go at me if it doesn't work for you. Incidentally I used a Tesco mastercard and the ex rate was 4.66, not bad really.
Take care Alan.
AlanJ

Postby AlanJ » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi All,
I have just got my delivery from Turkey, took 8 days again and everthing is fine. Just thought I would mention it, I will certainly use them again.
Take care All Alan.
AlanJ

Return to Main Lobby