Hello from Hertford!

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Hello from Hertford!

Postby Fleishmachine » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi everyone!

I would like to introduce myself to you.

I`m pretty newish to an East German motorcycles ( however, I used to rides Japanese bikes for the last 10 years all year around ).

I have started restoring Simson ( or MZ how it is sometimes called in UK )
S51 about three years ago... and this project is still going - yes, sounds funny, but I have a time to do it only few hours a year,
as bike is abroad, and I`m not often seeing it, but bike is almost complete now - after replacing most of the parts, it was in really bad condition.

As I had no access to Simson, and as I had to say bye bye to my Suzuki GSX750F, I`ve decided to look for a new project in UK, where I could find more time to work with it ( well, a bit more - still have to find a time for a family, work and university ) - I was looking for ETZ 250, but I have found a great deal and I went for ETZ 251. I have done few things with her, but comparing to Simson she was in much better condition.

I have to say that I have learn a lot with this bike and after two failed test rides ( twice I had to push her back to home for quite few miles ), I have managed to ride her for one hour today, so it`s finally time for MOT and she will be back on the road after very long time ( I have no history of mileage in old MOT, so she had to be for a long time SORN ).

Right, I have a hope that you will have a chance to see me on forum, where I`ll start writing right now.

Best regards,
Nicholas
Fleishmachine

Re: Hello from Hertford!

Postby Blurredman » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:01 am

Hi Nicholas.

Welcome to the forum :)

So.. you're living in the UK but you're Continental European in origin I deduce?
1972 MZ ES250/2 - 16,000 miles - The project! :)
1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 9,000 miles - Mud :)
1981 Honda CX500B - 91,000 miles - Long Distance :)
1987 MZ ETZ300 - 38,000 miles - Sun :)
1990 MZ ETZ251 - 49,000 miles - Commute :)

ftp://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/Vehicle_Documents/MZ_Documents/
Blurredman

Postby Fleishmachine » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 am

Hi,

Yes, I moved to UK IN 2005 and I'm from Poland - that's one of the country where MZs used to be very popular in 80s and 90s. Now there are not many of them on road.

I do spend quite a lot of time in East Germany and it's great to see that people are taking old MZs out from garages and restoring them.

Best regards
Nichilas
Fleishmachine

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:31 am

After 10 years as site moderator ..from the comments if they are restored proper
they make a very good daily driver or weekender
and unlike a lot of bikes you can get most of the parts

Welcome to the site.
Dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Return to Main Lobby