Just purchased 99 Skorpian Sports Cup

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Just purchased 99 Skorpian Sports Cup

Postby Bertram » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Listers: I will be picking up a 99 Skorpian Sports Cup tomorrow. The bike only has 1100 miles on it, I have always had a soft spot for this later version of a MZ. Every thing I have read up on via the web, says it is a solid bike. With great handling, yet a little slow. Speed for me is not so much an issue now, considering Father Time is working against me. I would appreciate any opinions, information and insight from Owners or past owners on the bike. Regardless if it is a Tour, Sport, Traveller or Baghira, including also my model. I presently own a 94 Silver Star Gespann, so I am familiar with the parts vendors and issue of securing proprietary parts of the bike. I take it the Skorpian model is the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Clark Bertram
Bertram

Re: Just purchased 99 Skorpian Sports Cup

Postby fish » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Slow is relative. Conservation of energy applies here- you don't have to slow down for curves, so it'll embarrass much more powerful machines.
fish

Postby tjtryon » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:44 am

I had the yellow and back Sports Cup, and LOVED it. Had to sell it about 10 years ago when the kids were born (and we got a divorce). It was my favorite bike I have ever owned. I've always wanted a silver/grey Replika as well. I've daily driven my Sports Cup, been on long trips with it, and have raced it as well. It's one of the most fun bikes I've ever had. It's harder to get in trouble with a 660 motor, so you can ride it closer to the limits, and even if you get caught playing by the authorities, your speedo will likely still show a 2 digit number. If you have a Kawayamahondazuki, you'll likely be well into the 3 figure speeds.
tjtryon

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:52 pm

keep that Silver Star Gespann,
you will miss it if it gets away from you
dave

and what city and state are you located
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Return to Main Lobby