Hi All! Of all my ex-Bikes, I miss my MZ the most

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

Hi All! Of all my ex-Bikes, I miss my MZ the most

Postby tjtryon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:47 am

Hi All!

New (old) guy here, or would it be Old new guy? Heck, whatever it is, I'm TJ Tryon, ex-CCS/LRRS Jr level racer, lover of German engineering, Porsche High Performance Driving Instructor, and a huge fan of beautiful, unique machines that can go fast enough to have crazy fun, but not fast enough to get me in permanent legal trouble. I first was introduced to MZ when I dated and married Bikeworx Galen's "little sister". I was living in an apartment above the bike shop, and raced Kawasaki twins at Loudon/Bridgehampton.

Being "family", and living above a bike shop, I had unique experiences, in which I learned to correctly wrench on bikes, how to tune them, and how to properly set them up. It was a fantastic experience, and I rode as many different bikes (brands/models) as I could at the time, and when I wasn't doing that, my nose was in the latest Road Racing World and Motorcycle Technology.

Fast forward a decade, and I had moved back to Indiana. I had a beautiful nugget yellow Skorpion Cup bike tuned by Galen Miller at Bikeworx, and I LOVED that bike. Unfortunately, divorce caused it to be sold, but I'm sort of in the market again, looking for another really nice one, with preference on nugget yellow, full lower fairing, and as stock as possible.

Here's my ride until 2009:

20030426-eclipse-21.jpg
tjtryon

Return to Main Lobby