MZ Parcalari

This is the forum for general motorcycle talk.
Introduce your self here, tell us about your bike and maybe find other enthusiasts to ride with.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, 125SMash, phlat65

MZ Parcalari

Postby AlanJ » Sun May 12, 2019 5:14 am

Hi Guys,
I have recently read a post on MZ Riders forum to do with Parcalari in Turkey. Roger said he had sent an order to them but had had no goods or a reply or refund. Now as I have just sent an order of 28 items to them, you can imagine I was a little worried so, I set them a message asking, as they had received my money could they give me a delivery date etc. The reply was " OK from my I phone" not a lot but at least a reply. On their web site it says that the paperwork has been done, so lets hope. Anyway Guys, this post is to ask if anybody can add to Rogers sad experience.
Wish you well Alan.
AlanJ

Re: MZ Parcalari

Postby Puffs » Mon May 13, 2019 5:15 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Last edited by Puffs on Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puffs

Postby AlanJ » Mon May 13, 2019 10:38 am

Hi Puffs,
This will be the 5th time for me to use them and usually they are ok, albeit not too good at emailing but to be fair I can't hold a conversation in Turkish. That's why I always send in English and Turkish. My order went to them on 6/5th and other than that OK, nothing much, so I will give them a call on Thursday, that's 10 days. You mention extra cost due to customs etc, but to be honest I have never had to pay any of those sort of costs. The reason I use them, is to give an example the Vape ignition system is over 400 eu, just over £354.00 whereas from Turkey about £110, ok it might not be the same quality, but we don't know where the Vape parts come from either so, I don't know Puffs. I will update this post, hopefully with good news.
Wish you well Alan.
AlanJ

Postby Guesi » Mon May 13, 2019 11:39 pm

Where do you find the price of 400 € for a Vape ?
The actual price here in germany is about 270 Euro incl. german taxes.

And surely I know where the Vape parts come from. Vape is a czech producer.
The ones that mzparcalari sells is a copy from china.
Guesi Motorradteile
MZ spare parts
http://www.guesi-motorradteile.de
Guesi

Postby Puffs » Tue May 14, 2019 2:40 am

Following a biased and flawed moderator choice (someone posting aggressive personal attacks is rewarded, while my technical posts are removed - behind my back & without any justification!), I have withdrawn from this forum.
Last edited by Puffs on Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puffs

Postby AlanJ » Tue May 14, 2019 3:49 am

Good morning Guesi,
That was not fair of me, I should have quoted the price from MZ-B and to be honest it was from memory I should have checked, sorry.
As for Vape products do we know where the individual parts of their ignition kit is manufactured, it would not surprise me if the manufacturer of the kit
in Taiwan does his best to supply to who ever will buy, especially at the price difference. If Vape do manufacture their kit and I was a Taiwan manufacturer
I would do my best to show Vape good quality at lo cost and supply them. You have your Company Guesi, would you not do the same?
Anyway enough of that. Wish you well Alan.
AlanJ

Postby AlanJ » Tue May 14, 2019 3:56 am

Hi Puffs,
I was wondering about the 2 tier pricing and as you know we can't see the part with prices in Lira's, how did you find out about that though?
Alan.
AlanJ

Postby Guesi » Tue May 14, 2019 4:16 am

AlanJ wrote:Good morning Guesi,
That was not fair of me, I should have quoted the price from MZ-B and to be honest it was from memory I should have checked, sorry.
As for Vape products do we know where the individual parts of their ignition kit is manufactured, it would not surprise me if the manufacturer of the kit
in Taiwan does his best to supply to who ever will buy, especially at the price difference. If Vape do manufacture their kit and I was a Taiwan manufacturer
I would do my best to show Vape good quality at lo cost and supply them. You have your Company Guesi, would you not do the same?
Anyway enough of that. Wish you well Alan.

As Vape is the producer of the set, I don´t think they are interested in taiwanese producers to produce their parts :-)

It is like often : Someone here in Europe or in USA has an idea and produces a product.
Then chinese or other cheap producers copy the product and sell them for cheaper prices.

At first sight, this lower price is attractive to the customer, but usually the quality of these cheaper parts is not the same than the original.

And guarantee or support is very poor for these products.
Guesi Motorradteile
MZ spare parts
http://www.guesi-motorradteile.de
Guesi

Postby Puffs » Tue May 14, 2019 4:34 am

Last edited by Puffs on Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puffs

Postby AlanJ » Thu May 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi Guys,
Update on my order situation is that on the Parcalari site my order is showing as shipped. Lets hope that the end of the worry, I will let you know when it arrives though. I must say that now Parcalari are charging in dollars and as their shipping is high, quality may be an issue here and there ( to be fair only if you are doing a special show project) then Guesi may well have a point that German suppliers with lower shipping may well be competitive.
Anyway it's not for me to sing the praises of one or the other, you pays your money and takes your choice.
Wish you well Alan.
AlanJ

Postby Puffs » Fri May 17, 2019 7:35 am

Ta Alan, please keep us posted!
Puffs

Postby AlanJ » Fri May 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Hi Guys,
My order arrived today and the order is fine and complete. The sad bit is I can't seem to get it over to them that they must communicate with their customers. The other problem, and the interesting bit is I never had this on my previous 4 orders, I was charged £26.00 vat when the order arrived. So, what with the high shipping and the change to dollars and lack of comms, they are not doing themselves any favours. ON a good note I now have everything I need to rebuild my 1994 Saxon Tour 301 and the spare 251 engine so I have plenty to do in the next few months.
Thanks for looking Guys have a great summer, wish you well Alan.
AlanJ

Postby Puffs » Sat May 18, 2019 2:59 am

Good to hear & thanks for that info Alan!

In due time I would still appreciate to hear your view on the following question: will you buy from them again?

But not now, rather when you have used whatever you bought, so that you know the quality, and taking the financial & service aspects into account.

Enjoy working on your bikes - and riding them!
Puffs

Return to Main Lobby