Handling

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Handling

Postby DarthRider » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:46 pm

I don't care if a CBR1000 or a GSXR1000 tops out at 190mph because where I live in South Florida you hardly have the chance to go that fast on anything other than a track. If I could afford it i'd be riding on one this weekend but I can't but I'll tell you that what I would lose in the straights I would easily carve out in the corners. The 1000S begs to be sideways in the corners and it is truly amazing how much confidence it inspires. On the street in South Florida it is incredible and has all the advantages you could want.
DarthRider

handling

Postby bimotabob » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:46 pm

I am in Central Fl. and the traffic and non attentive drivers make speed runs almost impossible. But a nimble great handling bike like my 1000S makes riding to work a pleasure. I have owned numerous twins and triples but none have had the willingness to rev and run like the MZ. I recently ran mine up on a deserted country road, and with the saddlebags and tankbag, measured 137.2 mph with my gps. Not too shabby for a sport touring twin. My only concern is in hot weather idleing at stoplights it will peg the temperature guage. Jens an MZ engineer told me this was normal as long as the guage did not start flashing but it still makes me nervous. Boy but she really loves these cool morning we have been having here lately.
2005 MZ 1000S (Silver)
bimotabob

Postby LWS66 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:27 pm

Mine also will light all the bars when in traffic, never has flashed, but sub-conciously it registers in my brain as "Hot....That can't be good" Guess you have to just not worry, just that it is an "on or off" deal with no way of gauging the exact temp it's at in between. I'd prefer a small numerical gauge....
I might look into fitting something by spring. I'll also flush the coolant and fill will "Engine Ice" I use it in my Laverda, the temp gauge registers a little less than when the "green gold" was in there, and never climbs high enough to worry, even in stop-n-go traffic. :-D
LWS66

Postby DarthRider » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:39 pm

I live in South Florida so my temperature gauge is maxed out a lot when I go for long rides sitting in traffic...once you start hauling ass it goes back down. I have never had it flash yet though. I have had it all the way up though and sometimes it gets a little nerve wracking but never flashed. I had an incredible ride on my bike tonight. I had some stains in my exhaust pipe when I was running on one cyl when my coil failed from over washing so I recommend to you guy to remove both coils and regrease them. It's not a big deal but it was when I spilled the salad dressing all over my aunt's kitchen for Thanksgiving when my coil took a shit! It pissed me off haha but it was my fault. My coworker friend has an '03 CBR600 and they still can't figure out what the Hell is wrong with his bike. He's been to the dealer and they didn' know shit. My dad gave me some wax that took out the pipe rubber imprints but I wouldn;t mind getting those Sebring Titanium pipes if I had the money. I think I am going to order brake reservoir cap spares for now. Dos anyone know anyone that makes billet reservoir caps for the MZ in satin black?
DarthRider

Return to 1000S