Bottom Dollar: 1000's $7.5K each: Baggies Cheap!

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Bottom Dollar: 1000's $7.5K each: Baggies Cheap!

Postby cdfisher » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:51 pm

Final price Drop!

Many of you know me through my prior posts. I thank all of you for your support in the past and for the great job you do in promoting a brand that has a fine product, but a checkered history when it comes to customer and product support. Yes, the German folks have little to do with the financial ruin that the company is in, at least the working class. But the fact remains that to the Malaysians, MZ isn’t even on the radar any longer.

They failed to make inroads into the crowded 1000cc Super Bike market, and that was what some visionary had promised when the factory was bought by the Malaysians.

I should have seen this coming, but the way in which MZ left the US, has made it impossible for us to sell these bikes.

I am offering them at a total loss of $5000 each (counting floor plan interest) and the asking price is $7500 each, picked up at our dealership.

Two have a few push miles on them (1 black, 1 silver) and another (Black)has twin HMF Cans, shorter gearing and 102.7 HP at the rear wheel. Buy you a $150 dollar plane ticket to KC (we will pick you up at the airport) and ride home.

There are no warranties, as I have read in these pages; I would be disingenuous to offer one. However, these bikes are well engineered, have proven themselves in Endurance racing as bullet proof and if I weren’t so damn poor after trying to sell them, I would be riding one myself.

The truth is that the decision to carry MZ has impacted our business and it’s time to cut bait. I also have two Baggies (short ones) that I am selling brand new (1 demo) for $4200 and $4000 respectively.

Please don’t offer any less than these numbers, as I will take them to Auction for anything less. You are stealing them and all parts are still available from Germany. The only problem is you will have to work on them yourself (I will email you the manual), but there are shops that will work on them if you have the manual and a parts supply. We would. In fact, buy them from a KC address (or close by) and I'll sell you a 3 year warranty for $1500.00.

Call JR at the shop and he can answer your questions.

Sincerely,

Curtis Fisher
President
MidAmerica PowerSports Plus Inc.
9909 E. Hwy. 40
Independence, MO 64055
Bus: 816.777.1785
Last edited by cdfisher on Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Curtis Fisher
President
MidAmerica PowerSports Plus
http://www.mapsp.com
cdfisher
MZ Dealer

Postby RR » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:12 pm

Sorry about the way it turned out for you Curtis. Thanks for being a good, enthusiastic dealer all this time.

Regards,
RR
RR

Postby LWS66 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:05 am

Curtis,

Sorry also. You definately were the most involved MZ dealer, at least in regards to the 1000. You've put alot on the line to carry and promote the brand.....it's a raw deal for any who've invested in these bikes, including owners. I'm still dumbfounded by the fact that all the dealers who had 1000's on the floor last July (and earlier) when I was first looking at them still have the same bikes...unbelievable that such an exceptional bike can tank this bad......I'll definately steer anyone I run into who's interested or contemplating buying one your way....One thing you do have over most other dealers is experience with them and a willing and helpful staff, I can attest to that. Hope everything works out for the better! :-)

Lorin
LWS66

About your MZ1000S

Postby DarthRider » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:09 pm

I have a friend that may be interested in buying one off you if the price is negotiable. If you still have some let me know how low you are willing to recoup for. No promises but I may know someone interested - michael@pure-triumph.com.
DarthRider

Return to 1000S