JUST purchased a 2005 1000S

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

JUST purchased a 2005 1000S

Postby m4panther » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:24 pm

:-D AHHH just couldn't pass it up I know the problems with parts in the states, but it only has 3 miles on it and I talked the guy down to $7350 8) Was I nuts?

I'm keepin my baggie for terrorizing the pedestrians and all around hooliganism but the 1000s is for my long rides

Anybody have advice for me?
If it bleeds for a week and doesnt die....Dont' trust it!
2001 Black Panther
2004 1000s
m4panther

Postby LWS66 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:03 pm

Congratulations on a fine purchase!
No, your not nuts at all. Everyone else is nuts for being too chicken shit to take a chance on one!! :smt102 If you can stomach the iffy parts situation, a waiting time issue, the bike is one hell of a deal.....bike to bike one of the best values out there. Look at all you get for that pocket change vs. everything else. Add in the lack of service/warranty and things change a little! :smt087 But the more you get into the bike and deal with things yourself the less it's of a concern. I've had no problems with mine, and the more I ride it the more I love it. I'm contemplating buying one for a track bike, it handles so well and has the kind of power that's perfect for aggressive track days without worrying about "too much power" and the possibilities of high siding it. A smooth handling bike and, when geared right, an absolute missle 8)
I would change the sprockets to a 16/45 combo, and you can use the original chain. This eliminates the low rpm judders, closes up the ratios and greatly improves the acceleration of the bike. I would'nt even worry about any reduced top end....it's insignificant. That's all you really need to do to it during break-in. Opening up the airbox lid (removing it or drilling some holes in it) along with a freer flowing filter, along with exhaust and a Dynojet are things you could do later with good results. Other than that..... :smt023
LWS66

mz 1000s

Postby mzsrus » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:49 pm

JUST GO AND GET A REMUS CAN WELL AWESOME,

OR YOU CAN GET 2 INTO 0NE EXHAUST BUT TOO PRICEY FOR ME AT £1K
AND IT NEEDS REMAPPING.

i HAVE MINT OCTOBER 2004 MODLE, SILVER AVUS, AND GOES WELL OVER INDICATED 140MPH, AND NOW SOUNDS GREAT.

PHOTOS TO COME ALSO PUT CLEAR INDICATORS ON AND A SEAT COWL.

PS SOON http://WWW.mz-motorcycles.co.uk will be alive.
night form MZ wales (andy)

owner of 10 classics MZ and one MZ1000s
Owner of 10 old mz bikes from 1956 to 1976
new owner of Mz 1000s
mzsrus

Postby millgreen » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:00 am

Lorin is right, it is a great bike, we are going to find out how it stack's up against the other twins this weekend in the Moto-ST at Daytona, wish us luck.
Bill
millgreen

Return to 1000S