MZ AND THE FUTURE FROM WALES UK DECEMBER 12TH 2006

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

MZ AND THE FUTURE FROM WALES UK DECEMBER 12TH 2006

Postby mzsrus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:38 pm

Hi, spoke to MZ MD in germany today for well over an hr, (totally skint me now, i was on my mobile).

MZ well and truly alive, business plans are there for next 2-4 years. MZ are not going anywhere.

New 2007 brochure out in Jan.

MZ'S foreign owners will not being going away.

MZ rt 125 production to stay at Zcshopau.

MZ 1000s to stay in production, demos will be made more freely available in 2007.

MZ 1000s engine blueprint is definelty not FOR SALE.

They admit times are hard, just like most other major bike manufactures.

This years costs-saving and small layoff of staff have resolved this situation.

They admitt they need mid range cc bike, but least 3years off.

New Supamoto in pipelines but also prob 3years away.

New MZ 500-600cc mass market bike hopefully in 08.

The new models in pipleine are RT 150, RT 175 (and all the different types like 125 range now)

New Rt 250 similar to above in different guises.

They will be going back to their roots!!

MZ range selling very well in Eastern Germany esp 125 cc Range, 1000cc bikes selling but admitt probbaly not fast enough. West Germany sales still need more work but gradually getting there. (Bit like Our UK trains haha)

MZ Motorcycles of the future will be simple, rugged, economical, rugged but very modern and funky motorbikes.

MZ will be in 2007 being have New Main Importer In the UK.

MZ also admitt this will increase costs due to this, but will enhance service, dealer network.

Due to this MZ 2007 range of bikes worldwide, NO PRICE INCREASE.

HOPE THIS HELPS MZ PURCHASERS TO BE!!

AND i hope my phone call wasnt a waste of money, but MZ Md seemed quite honest and upfront.

Bye all you MZers, i know we will be around for another few years.

MZ IS HERE TO STAY, BYE FROM COLD AND WET AND WILD WALES.
mzsrus

Mz Future

Postby jarow » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:56 pm

MZRUS,

May I ask you a question ? From your message , you are a consumer and motorcycle Enthusiast and you called MZ direct. Correct ?
Jarow
jarow

Postby dbates » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:09 am

Personally I think that this is fantastic news. I'm just worried by a few things.
1. The business plan runs for the next 2-4 years. That would start to be the time when the grants from the saxon regional goverment runs out and the company can pull out of germany without having to pay them back.
2. Exactly who is going to do the engineering work on the new models? Although in saying that any business that has 35 people manufacturing often part time and 35 developing (like from some accounts MZ do/did) needs to redress the balance.
3. Some of this sounds very much like what came out of MZ just before they pulled out of the us. Increased marketing new models investment of money.

I'm saying this in all hope that my concerns are unfounded. Normally whenever I say something I'm proven wrong (bit like taking an umbrella really). Plus I really really want the 1000st at borderbikes.

I don't doubt either the conversation or the truthfulness of the MD. Just a few things were ticking at the back of my head.

Long live MZ
dbates
2001 Skorpion Traveller
Northumberland England
dbates

RE: MZ and the future

Postby mzsrus » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:59 am

RE: Question from Jarow.

I am just dedicated loyal supporter of MZ Motorcycles, I actively promote them In Wales at various shows.

I am awating for some prices on 3 Demo MZ 1 SF, 1 ST, and 1 RT bike so I take them around shows in 2007!

So far i have sent out over 500 2006 brochures around Wales.

I think New Main Importer is fab news.

MZ has just been awarded 5million euros towards R@D for the new bikes.

I meant to say MZ had just completed it's next 3 year plan.

I am also worried about the future, only time will tell.

MD is over in Uk in Jan when he will be going around to see the Current Dealers. esp borderbikes in Scotland and the Manchester MZ site.

Bye for now, a too crazy Welsh guy.
Owner of 10 old mz bikes from 1956 to 1976
new owner of Mz 1000s
mzsrus

Postby dbates » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:11 pm

Having read through this again I'm more optimistic now. If I have read the new EU motorcycle licencing laws correctly (does anyone understand them), MZ have a real strategy in place here with the smaller bikes based on the already aknowledged strong 125 motor.

Now they will be able to offer a reliable strong 125 then going up to the next couple of levels for starter riders. That should result in strong sales and a good future. If they keep offering the slightly larger displacements inline with how fast people can get the next licence level and pay off the previous bike......

Plus if they can start offering things like some of the asian scooter models they have a good shot at getting it right.

Thoughts from a wild and windy night north of hadrians wall.
dbates
2001 Skorpion Traveller
Northumberland England
dbates

MZSRUS

Postby jarow » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:43 pm

MZSRUS,

I just read your reply. Since you said that you go around to shows and promote it , I'm guessing your a Dealer in whales and MZ MD is the distributer in your part of the world.

Jarow
jarow

MZ AND FUTURE

Postby mzsrus » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:24 pm

RE: JAROW;

No not a dealer just fan, promote mz in my free time!!

Mz MD is short for MZ Manageing Director.

Kind Regards

Andrew

Mz 1000s with fab remus cans.
Owner of 10 old mz bikes from 1956 to 1976
new owner of Mz 1000s
mzsrus

Return to 1000S