tyres

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

tyres

Postby tomtom » Sat May 10, 2008 5:21 pm

Mz 1000sf
Just fitted an avon azaro st 190/55 on the rear with the original metzeler m1 on the front and its brilliant. Cost £65 on ebay. Full days riding in the highlands to scrub it in and no handling problems at all. :lol:
tomtom

Re: tyres

Postby tuxracer » Sun May 11, 2008 1:54 am

The Avons are pretty good tyres, I used them on my 1200 Bandit and never had any probs. I'm never to keen on mixing tyres these days having scared myself to death in the past with some realy stupid combos! Still, glad it's worked out for you and the Azaro sounds a good buy, who did you buy it from on e-bay?

Where did you go to run it in? If your ever up my way give me a shout, I'm up in Invergordon.

I'm hoping to get out for a run today but the weathers not looking to good this morning, here's hoping the sun puts in another appearance.
tuxracer

Postby tomtom » Sun May 11, 2008 1:15 pm

Got the tyre from roundandblack on ebay. I see it is now up in price to about £67.00.
To tuxracer, if i'm up visiting my brother in invergordon at least I'll know who the mz belongs to. I was scrubbing the tyre in down glencoe way as the weather was brilliant and the twisty backroads off the beaten track were ideal for some serious lean angles.Had to remember to look at the road and not the scenery. Great fun.
tomtom

Postby tomtom » Sun May 11, 2008 1:36 pm

re tuxracer
who do you get to service your bike up in in Invergordon?
tomtom

Postby tuxracer » Mon May 12, 2008 1:07 am

If your ever up this way tomtom give me a shout, lots of good roads up this way to play on :)

I was out yesterday and went for a run with my brother - gave him the SF and I took my Fazer 1000 as I'd a pillion for the day - dry roads, loads of fun and showers of sparks from under the Fazer :) Well it was all good until he stalled the SF and droped it in the drive when we got back :( Luckily he was ok and not much damage to anything but his pride! Cracked indicator and a couple of miner scuffs but should be easy sorted.

As for servicing, I do it all myself as I dont trust most dealers as far as I can throw them! I've had bikes in at a couple of local dealers in the past and to be honest they were pretty poor. Had problems both times and wished I'd never let them have the bike, still you live and learn.
tuxracer

Postby tomtom » Mon May 12, 2008 3:28 pm

to tuxracer
Out of interest what unmarked cars are the police driving up your way now. :?: At easter i was over in ullapool and there was an unmarked silver "w" plate astra in the dingwall ullalpool road that a few lads that were on bikes had commented on. As they said, it was a bit sneaky :twisted: as you always expect the police to have new cars. I remember they used to have an unmarked grey saab that used to go via dingwall, lochcarron, achnasheen route.
tomtom

Postby tuxracer » Mon May 12, 2008 3:58 pm

To be honest I've not seen many unmarked ones about lately, there is a grey Saab estate lurking about (unmarked). I've seen it on the main A9 and out the Ullapool road and the camera safety van is often lurking at the side of the main roads.

I've a simple rule up here and that is keep the speed down on the wide open bits on the main roads, if you dont your luck will run out sooner or later. I normaly like to make progress :) on the quieter more remote roads and sections where they dont have any hiding places . That way even if I pass them going the other way they are going to have to go some to before the see me again!

Is your brother into bikes as well?
tuxracer

Postby tomtom » Fri May 16, 2008 4:29 pm

he crashed too many of mine. he had a bad accident on the fortwilliam inverness a long while ago and the stupid ambulance driver took him to a b&b for the night instead of to hospital. During the night he started passing blood and then they took him to raigmore from fort augustas. He can still ride but i think when kids come along biking goes out the window.
Maybe see you some time.
tomtom

Postby tuxracer » Sat May 17, 2008 4:44 am

Know what you mean, the old wife and kids things often puts paid to bikes for a while. Thankfully mine are grown up now, I divorced the wife and now have a wonderfull understanding partner that accepts my addiction to bikes.....result :)

Take care and if your up seeing your brother give me a shout.
tuxracer

Return to 1000S