Mz Closing

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Mz Closing

Postby mzsrus » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:04 pm

Many of the round 50 MZ colleague yet remained in Zschopau infuriated the letter rather. So let it be a "smooth lie that until today no investor been found would have, that wanted continue MZ. There is, so colleague, even two interested parties. The present announcement would be possibly only one tactical measure near of hung Leong in order to drive the sum standing in the room until end of the year yet into the height, is named it out of colleague circle. Cling a straw to at that one itself in MZ yet tried?

Hung is Leong industries Berhad a conglomerate acting especially in the Asian room with headquarters in Malaysia. 1996 bought hung Leong that until motorcycle manufacturer preserved there through massive subsidies the State of Saxony alive MZ up. Yet 2006 had hung announced Leong investments in million height in order to help MZ with new models on the legs. Yet the million never came.

just off Motorad German Magazine,

whe i spoke to German MZ Jens Koener on Friday, he said there were 2 german companies interesting in taking over and still a poss mgt buyout, but hung leong not wanna do this as they just want mz malaysia to operate only.!!!
They still have 5 new models planned but do need money to put these into operation!!
Owner of 10 old mz bikes from 1956 to 1976
new owner of Mz 1000s
mzsrus

Re: Mz Closing

Postby boilermaker » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:15 pm

mzrus
Can we have a translation please?
boilermaker

Postby stinkfeet2000 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:34 pm

A boilermaker is a shot glass filled with Jack Daniels dropped into a mug of Fallstaff beer, right? I think I'll have me a few to celebrate the closure of MZ. By the way do you know where I might obtain some parts to keep my 1000S running? Air filter, valve adjustment paraphanelia etc. Stinkfeet
stinkfeet2000

Postby boilermaker » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:57 am

Stinkfeet
You are correct re the drink, however, I trained as a Boilermaker (5th generation) prior to qualifying as an Engineer (Marine structures) hence my nom de plume. I am not sure of your location but our source of spares here in UK would be Grahams Motorcycles in Taunton, Somerset. I do not have the address to hand as I write but the phone number is (UK) 01823 331397. Graham is very helpful and well used to postal trading.
Good Luck
George Waite
boilermaker

Return to 1000S