NEW OWNER

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

NEW OWNER

Postby GED » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:23 am

hi just thought i would say hello,, 10th october i will be taking delivery of a beutiful sf its a 2005 with 2200miles on the clock it looks new,i paid a miseryly £3400 and i managed to persued the garage to throw in road tax, free delivery, mot, service, and a better pair of mirrors,
my prvious bike was a moto guzzi v11 scura sold last week,i live in bolton lancashire,and ive been on the roads for 24yrs and 2months,ive been reading a fair amount on the model and it seems very well made apart from annoying niggles electrics seem to be its weak point reminds me of my guzzi,i hope you dont mind me asking but i have a couple of questions,

where can i get hold of sebring slip on cans
where can i get hold of a pillion seat cover the hard bit that covers the seat my bike appears not to have one,how much am i likely to pay.

thats about it for now although ive probably got loads more questions to ask in the future cheers
GED

Re: NEW OWNER

Postby johnny2tents » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:30 am

Hi Ged,
Welcome aboard!
That could be two of us (I have 1000S) at Rivington Barn (Horwich near Bolton for the uninitiated)then??
Some of us our planning to meet at Stafford Show on Sunday Oct 19 if you can make it.
Cheers J2T
johnny2tents

Postby GED » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:08 pm

hi johnny coincidence or what.only live a few miles away ,i take it by what you say you live in rivvy and not the barn itself,as for sbs ill bear it in mind ,if the weathers ok on friday il be out on mine keep yer i open ,i may pop up to the barn get some pics of my new bike,c u soon :)
GED

Postby cam » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi Ged and welcome,
use altavista babel fish to translate this link (its in German) http://www.sebring.de
or translate this link http://www.mz-faber.de/MZWeb/catalog.as ... d1da305ce9.
As for seat hump - they don't come up very often but I do have one I don't use. Try and make it to staffs bash - it would be great to put a face to all these names. J2t - defo on for Sunday - I'll email my mobile so we can all meet up :-D
cam

Postby GED » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:32 pm

cheers cam for the invite,its nice to be popular i will do my best to make it i have been a couple off times b4 looking for guzzi bits,whats the chances of finding parts for my sf :cry: if u want to sell me the pillion cover i will give you a decent price, :D
GED

Postby GED » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:35 pm

cheers cam for the heads up but i already found googlefish and i typed in my question god knows what it will turn out in german :( might have started ww3 :shock:
GED

Postby GED » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:01 pm

GED wrote:cheers cam for the heads up but i already found googlefish and i typed in my question god knows what it will turn out in german :( might have started ww3 :shock:

i emailed them 3 times and never got a answer so i put a post in the wanted section ,,fingers crossed
GED

Return to 1000S