HI-Power Xenon White led SideLights

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

HI-Power Xenon White led SideLights

Postby tomtom » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:21 pm

Just replaced the standard bulbs in the sidelights with HI-Power Xenon White leds. About £3.50 on ebay. Big difference. Now i just keep the dip beam off by removing the relay and use the two running lights I've had too many punters pulling out in front of me at junctions in the past as they think i am flashing them as the dip goes up and down with the suspension on a bumpy road.
As someone else had said the site was down for a few days as it had crashed.
tomtom

Re: HI-Power Xenon White led SideLights

Postby GED » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:55 am

tomtom wrote:Just replaced the standard bulbs in the sidelights with HI-Power Xenon White leds. About £3.50 on ebay. Big difference. Now i just keep the dip beam off by removing the relay and use the two running lights I've had too many punters pulling out in front of me at junctions in the past as they think i am flashing them as the dip goes up and down with the suspension on a bumpy road.
As someone else had said the site was down for a few days as it had crashed.
HI TOM YEH IT WAS ME WHO QUESTIONED IF THE SITE WAS DOWN,BEEN LOOKING AT BULBS MYSELF,although ive been looking at multi led stop/taillight bulbs ,not sure if its me but the rear light doesnt seem that bright compared to my last few bikes,i too wish i could disable the perminant dip beam but i also want to keep the flas option i use this a lot on the motorways which is my daily route to work,is there not an electrical genius out there who can come up with a fix :?:
GED

Postby tomtom » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:57 am

I'd prefer the flash to work as well. I don't suppose it can be that difficult to trace the flasher wire and link it into a live feed that is routed via the fusebox.
tomtom

Postby GED » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:21 am

if i had a decent wiring diagram i would have a go myself ,as u say cant be rocket science :? :-D
GED

Postby tomtom » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:24 pm

just replaced the rear bulb with a led version and noticed as you said that the back light didn't seem too bright. The reflector plate inside seemed very dull . On my bike there was no sealing gasket when i removed the red lens cover but plenty of drain holes. I'll polish the reflector up and make up a gasket with some silicone.
tomtom

Return to 1000S