Factory

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Factory

Postby cam » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:46 am

Hi Guys - If MCN is to believed the factory is now a night club. Can anyone shed any light on the subject? :|
cam

Re: Factory

Postby dbates » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:16 am

Yes I think that is true in a certain respect. The original MZ Factory closer to town is a club I believe and has been a number of things since it closed and MZ moved to the newer factory up the road in horndorf.

The old paint shop seems to be a bowling alley.

What will become of the new building only time will tell but at least 8-10 people are still there working on spare parts delivery and warranty claims.
dbates
2001 Skorpion Traveller
Northumberland England
dbates

Postby johnny2tents » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:27 pm

Latest News - Factory to remain open until April.

Regards

J2T
johnny2tents

Postby cam » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi J2T - thanks for the info, but does anyone else find this wall of silence from MZ unforgivable??. There are many devoted owners of new and classic machines that deserve more information from the company themselves, The websites are still up as though nothing was wrong and not a hint of what's happened or what may yet happen has been put out through the official website. Why is it that everyone has been left guessing and scrabbling around for information and sifting through rumours to get at the truth. I would of hoped that the many years of loyalty shown by MZ fans everywhere deserved a more "open" update from MZ management themselves. Hey Ho thats the way of business these days - I hope the name of MZ doesn't dissapear for good and re emerges some time soon.
cam

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:00 pm

like i said about 5 years ago they know how to build nice bikes but still slow on the learning curve as to how to sell them
dave
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby djsbriscoe » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi,
Grahams motorcycles probably has more information about this. The last time I asked them about the status of MZ (before Christmas 2008) they said that they need to stay open in order to supply spare parts. Parts have to be supplied for up to 7 years by EU law, but they don't necessarily have to supply parts from a large factory.
Maybe someone should ask Grahams what the situation is.

David.
Bikes:2006 RT125 (sold Jan 2013),2001 Skorpion Traveller (sadly sold) Current bike Honda NC750X DCT (2014)
Past owner of original ETZ125,ETZ251,Kanuni ETZ251 models
Electronics tech by trade.
djsbriscoe

Postby johnny2tents » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:13 am

Hi Chaps,

My info came from an MZ Section newsletter. Fred Rogers still is in regular contact with the factory.
When I last spoke to Grahams and ordered my spare relays and pencil coil/air filters, they said not to panic and mentioned the '10 year rule'.

Cheers

J2T

Below part of the section newsletter.

I asked Fred about the Mz factory, he mentioned Audi were one of the interested parties who had expressed interest in buying the factory.
It turns out the Audi trade mark composed of 4 rings joined together, they are given to represent Mz and DKW as 2 of the partners in better times.
The final date is not until April before decisions will have to be made, the end of 2008 was a piece of false reporting, media glorification as usual.
Perhaps there is still a chance the factory will continue to produce bikes; at the moment, spares for the current range of 4 strokes are still available from the factory.
johnny2tents

Return to 1000S