ENGINE WARNING LIGHT MIL

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

ENGINE WARNING LIGHT MIL

Postby GED » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:31 pm

HI MY YELLOW ENGINE MANAGAMENT LIGHT IS STAYING ON ,but im getting no fault codes and the bike is running great,any ideas how to turn it off,
b4 i laid the bike up for xmas i removed the headlight [drl] relay, and the yellow light would come on, then go off after a couple of miles of riding,today i went out to work on the bike and the yellow engine light stays on all the time ,the only other thing i have done while the bike was rsting during winter was to remove the top of the airfilter box refit the air filter and relocate the air temp sensor further down the airbox,ie inbetween the airfilter and the inlet stubs ,i didnt break anything and its held in with silicon sealer,also is there afault code reader that can be used on the mz it wold save a hell of a lot of head scratching ,cheers ged
GED

Re: ENGINE WARNING LIGHT MIL

Postby LWS66 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:36 pm

If, by any chance, you turned the key on with the sensor unplugged the light will come on and stay on for quite awhile. You'll have to put a good bit of miles on it and it should go out. That was my experience when I carelessly turned the key on before reconnecting the sensor. Maybe check the connection again, then ride!
LWS66

Postby GED » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:55 pm

LWS66 wrote:If, by any chance, you turned the key on with the sensor unplugged the light will come on and stay on for quite awhile. You'll have to put a good bit of miles on it and it should go out. That was my experience when I carelessly turned the key on before reconnecting the sensor. Maybe check the connection again, then ride!

how many miles,not sure if i switched on ignition ,ive disconected the battery see if i can reset the ecu to see if that will cure it ,i will leave it for a day with the battery disconected,then just keep riding it ,hopfully it will sort itself out, :?:
GED

Postby boilermaker » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:27 pm

Ged
There are no cheap fault code readers for the Sagem system fitted to your machine. A company over here in UK called "TUNEBOY" has softwear that will run on your laptop the software is MZ dedicated but the ECU/EMU is the same as fitted to the Triumph range. My own engine warning light is still on after 3 days but I think that this is due to a non functioning speedometer, as the system reads road speed from the speedo transmitter unit. One option in your case is to disconnect the battery and then re-connect after half hour or so, this may re-boot the EMU.
boilermaker

Postby boilermaker » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:29 pm

sorry Ged, got a time crossover on E-Mails, I see that you have already tried to re-boot the ECU.
boilermaker

Postby GED » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:45 am

boilermaker wrote:Ged
There are no cheap fault code readers for the Sagem system fitted to your machine. A company over here in UK called "TUNEBOY" has softwear that will run on your laptop the software is MZ dedicated but the ECU/EMU is the same as fitted to the Triumph range. My own engine warning light is still on after 3 days but I think that this is due to a non functioning speedometer, as the system reads road speed from the speedo transmitter unit. One option in your case is to disconnect the battery and then re-connect after half hour or so, this may re-boot the EMU.

CHEERS BOILER,i will look tune boy up ,do they supply the relevent data lead for connecting ecu to laptop,using a laptop for home mechanicing is somthing ive never done ,more used to carbs and points :-D
GED

Postby boilermaker » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:40 am

Ged
Tuneboy supply the cable etc to connect to your laptop. I think some other lads on this forum are actually using this system.
boilermaker

Postby GED » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:10 pm

boilermaker wrote:Ged
Tuneboy supply the cable etc to connect to your laptop. I think some other lads on this forum are actually using this system.
cheers mate been reading up on the subject seems a good bit of kit,but it not cheap ,if i decide to keep the mz i may invest in one i will have to see what the future holds,as far as the light ,the buggers still on so its a case of ride ride ride and see what happens
GED

Return to 1000S