Track Day

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Track Day

Postby millgreen » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:37 pm

Here's how to spend your fathers day.
BillImage
millgreen

Re: Track Day

Postby LWS66 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:12 pm

Hey Bill!

Nice paint scheme. A nice change of pace. How's the thing running these days? How's the reaction from other riders out there? Completely lost as to what it is, and after being passed in a corner and following in it's/your smooth lines, are they in awe??!!!!

Keep on flogging it! :smt006 Lorin
LWS66

Postby millgreen » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi Lorin
The paint job was a result of a low side in april,bike crashes really well,some duck tape,rearset bolts and a brake lever and I was on the track. The bike was well setup from the moto-st days and a blast to ride hard. The normal trackday guy dosen't have a clue but is still interested.
You been doing any track days?
Keep it pinned Bill
millgreen

Postby LWS66 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:20 pm

Bill,

CMP Sept 07 was the last time for me, on the Laverda Strike I used to have. (I last had the MZ out at Talladega in 06 but was too worried about possible mishaps to track day it anymore, being my main bike and making payments, but man it was sweet out there!) Ended up with a rod/crank knock developing in the Laverda at CMP while running down and passing a 64 year old rider on a Aprilia Tuono!! Really flogged it....Was fun though. Bike sat for a few months and then I sold it. I'm not ruling out snagging an MZ at blow-out pricing though..as a source of spares, and a trackday weapon. I know it can handle any punishment you throw at it. :twisted:

Lorin
LWS66

Return to 1000S