parallel Twins

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: parallel Twins

Postby boilermaker » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:31 am

John
Try the members gallery under recent images. The frame was in fact designed by the same man as designed the Ducati frame that fits most of the recent Dukes and it handles as well as my better half's Monster. (Her opinion not mine). The engine is a joy to use and listen to (had to mute it as it was setting off shop/car alarms). Vibration wise it is not noticable but then I was brought up on old brit iron.
George
boilermaker

Postby iceman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:05 pm

I found it very nice ! gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=343won't let me post it,well i could but it is small .

I like the Green 1000 trail bike a lot also.Who owns it ?Is it yours ? gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=344
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby boilermaker » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:34 pm

John
Do not know who puts the MZ 1000 AS trailey together or the SFX brutale? but you can see both of them on U-Tube at MZ 1000 SFX soundmodulus. Great sound, good on-road video. The string also features shots of the AS in Sweden and at a rally in Germany. Got to go, just heard the bosses Duke coming home from work, must put the kettle on.
George
boilermaker

Postby iceman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Another set of parallel twins.I was at a pub on the water the other night and took some pictures.

You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:49 pm

Can you imagine the gas/petrol that this 16 cylinder boat must use ? Here is the drivers seat,the cockpit and the bottom one is of the crowd.Take a look at the motors,those U shape pipes are the Exhaust and 4 cylinders go out each above the waterline which i can only imagine is too loud.I didn't stick around to hear it.

John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:37 am

I went to the mall the other day and saw this parallel twin.So I took a couple of pictures.

John Lennon
iceman

Re: Parallel Twins

Postby Nozz » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:40 pm

Can't resist sharing this while we're on the "twins" theme. Laverda 750s were a classic twin, and these are almost identical. We were both Jims, and our gal friends were both nam
laverdas2.jpg
Twin Twins, Jim's and Cyndi's
laverdas2.jpg (198.83 KiB) Viewed 6518 times
ed Cyndi. Had to take a picture when we were all together.
Nozz

Postby boilermaker » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:37 pm

NOZZ
Class machinery, still got one?
boilermaker

Postby iceman » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Boilermaker's two parallel twins.Nice bikes George.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby boilermaker » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:26 am

Iceman
John
Thank you. Looking at the picture it is interesting to note that the frame/chassis has now become a positive feature (on both machines) instead of something to hide away.
boilermaker

Postby iceman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:45 am

Check this out a parallel twin,a triple and a vfour all in one :shock:
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/ ... EPI-117559
John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:05 am

boilermaker wrote:Iceman
John
Thank you. Looking at the picture it is interesting to note that the frame/chassis has now become a positive feature (on both machines) instead of something to hide away.

George,look at how similar the frame on my Aprilia Falco is compared to the MZ 1000

John Lennon
iceman

Postby boilermaker » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:11 am

Iceman/john
I have a feeling that the MZ1000 and the Falco share the same stylist in Peter Neumann. The "exposed truss" frame it certainly shares. I like the sentiment expressed on the billboard behind the machine! Your home?
George
boilermaker

Postby iceman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:19 am

boilermaker wrote:Iceman/john
I have a feeling that the MZ1000 and the Falco share the same stylist in Peter Neumann. The "exposed truss" frame it certainly shares. I like the sentiment expressed on the billboard behind the machine! Your home?
George

George,yes close to my home.It's a ski area Mad River Glen and a couple more nearby Sugarbush and Stowe ski areas.Here is a picture of Stowe.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby Stephenonz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:52 am

This is one of my other parallel twins
Attachments
DSCN3934a.jpg
Stephenonz

PreviousNext

Return to 1000S