MZ Faber?

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

MZ Faber?

Postby scott964 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:03 pm

Found these guys in a link on an older post....... http://www.mz-faber.de/MZWeb/

2-1 exhaust, carbon parts, all sorts of stuff I've like to get my hands on for some winter upgrade/correction work

Anyone have any suggestions on how I could order and get their products shipped to the USA?

I emailed them directly, and the answer i got back was that they did not speak English.
As always, I appreciate the input.......

Scott
scott964

Re: MZ Faber?

Postby iceman » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:45 pm

Google translate,write to them and copy it.
Go to Google translate find the language they speak and scroll down to it and translate it from English to German copy it and send the German version to them.
Do the same when you get a reply,only reverse German to English.
Your link is dead,try this http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... ry_state0=

You can put in say / the link for the German forum and follow along pretty well.I have at least.It's actually kind of fun.

Here's the translated forum,have fun. :D Emme is motorcycle it will come to you.
http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... e0=&swap=1 Also in some recent threads there are a couple of guys that speak German and offered to translate if anyone needed,I'm sure they will reply.
I just looked at those carbon exhaust,a lot of money 930 Euro last I looked it was around $1.30 US for 1 Euro that was a while ago.with shipping big money.
I just checked I was way off here's the exchange 1.00 EUR

=

1.46701 USD
Euro United States Dollars

You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby boilermaker » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:16 am

Scott
John (iceman) is correct, we have at least two native German speakers on this section of the forum (both UK residents). They have kindly volunteered translation assistance in the past. As for Faber and the reply " we dont speak English" if this is true then that is their right, but as I have said before this is a self defeating attitude. I am also given to believe that they have one British member of staff so what are they up to?
boilermaker

Postby boilermaker » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:46 am

Scott
A correction to my previous post, one of our German speaking contributors (wuppervalley) lives in Germany.
boilermaker

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:40 am

they may not want to do do business out side the eu
because the bankers want to charge a big cut for the money changing
and the price of stuff is sky high
dave
example i just bought from a place in the usa
some German made chain sprockets
1 mz sx 52 tooth rear
1 mz 660 front 15t
1 mz 660 rear 43t
110 $ usd and waited over a month
let budget recover before the chain
need 110 link 520 local dealer has some over 90 S us ouch
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby scott964 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:46 am

Thanks for the links and advice, I've had similar issues with Over Racing in Japan, more than happy to sell and ship the product to the USA, just had to find someone that spoke Japanese, to translate and place orders as they also spoke no English.

I was doing some of the translation bits on the site, just want to make sure I'm not missing something that is required in addition to the parts I'm looking at to make it work /fit properly.

If anyone is willing to translate, that would be very helpful and greatly appreciated, and I promise to keep the questions /requests to a bare minimum.

Does anyone know if they ship to the USA?
Scott
scott964

Postby scott964 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:50 am

Thought this needed a separate reply, Iceman, is that a shot of your bike?
Beautiful bike!!

Very, very nicely done.

Are you running a stock pipe to the canisters?

If you have any other pics from the side or front, I'd love to see them.
Scott
scott964

Postby iceman » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:57 am

Hi Scott,
No not my bike if you go to the German site in the link I posted in English it is under exhaust /sebring page 2

All I can say is I'm glad we don't have plates the size of a gas tank on this side of the pond... :-D Scott send them this,
Hallo, Sie in die USA versandt?

I m in einem Abgas interessiert.

Here's another shot. If that place doesn't ship to US you could ask wuppervally to ship it for you,seems like a huge amount of cash to me though..John
This is the English on what I posted,Hello,do you ship to the USA ?
I,m interested in an exhaust.

You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:28 am

Has anyone tried to open the stock pipes ?
Scott you should ask the seller if he has the stock pipes.You said he was a dealer and it didn't sell so he rode it.I would think he kept the stock exhaust.
I can't comprehend what he as a dealer did to that exhaust by blocking off one exit.I'm sure that has to do with your lack of power at 8,000 the bike can't get rid of the exhaust fast enough.It would be like you holding your breath. Not too late to offer this guy $5,000
http://dayton.en.craigslist.org/mcy/1380803642.html Fly me out and I'll ride it back for you...John PS it's been for sale forever.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby OSPRNG » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm

boilermaker wrote:As for Faber and the reply " we dont speak English" if this is true then that is their right, but as I have said before this is a self defeating attitude. I am also given to believe that they have one British member of staff so what are they up to?

this reminded me of story of Skoda auto:
The origins of Škoda go back to the early 1890s where, like many long-established car manufacturers, the company started out with the manufacture of bicycles. It was 1894, and 26-year old Václav Klement, who was a bookseller by trade in Mladá Boleslav, in today's Czech Republic, which was then part of Austria-Hungary, was unable to obtain the right spare parts to repair his German bicycle. Klement returned his bicycle to the manufacturers, Seidel and Naumann, with a letter, in Czech, asking for them to carry out repairs, only to receive a reply, in German, stating: "If you would like an answer to your inquiry, you should try writing in a language we can understand". A disgusted Klement, despite not having any previous technical experience, then decided to start his own bicycle repair shop, which he and Václav Laurin opened in 1895 in Mladá Boleslav. Before going into business partnership with Klement, Laurin was an already established bicycle manufacturer from the nearby town of Turnov.

by the way, 2nd pic. is that a normal sidestand lean angle for the 1000?
it looks radical enough to topple over with some strong wind, or a clumsy by-walker
OSPRNG

Postby scott964 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:46 pm

Iceman,

Not a bad idea to make this guy an offer, I did not know it had been out there so long.
There is another 1000s in Fl for sale as well... it's got 20+K on it, but it could be had for 3K.... so with that and the NY for 4700.00 that is a good bargaining position, and the last I heard Dayton OH was pretty hard hit with the economy (rotten to take advantage of a situation, but again another bargaining chip.)
I just called and left a message, see if he gets back to me.... I have 5 days before I'm to be picking up the NY bike.

My only concern with this one is that it has not been run, I have looked at other bikes, which were much older and was always advised to stay away from bikes stored over 10 years. Does anyone know anything about this bike? Is it a old dealer, dealer buy out? Why has it not been snapped up before now? almost seems to good to be true when I go back and look at it.

Anyone have any thoughts or reservations about the Dayton OH bike?

I mean, I would be saving the exhaust cost (if I need to put a full system on it), and I'm probably going to replace the side fairings on the NY bike where the sliders have been added and toss those, but the NY bike already has a power commander, a spare gas tank, and maybe the stock exhaust parts. All with only 3k miles. I am going to talk with a local Drag Shop, PCW.... they did exhaust work for me on a Vmax that turned out fantastic, and see if they can do a system for less than importing it.
I'm kind of on the fence as to whether it would be worth the cost to go to Ohio, and then add back in the power commander, pipes, etc. On the up side, I guess I would know exactly what was going into it, but would that advantage be negated by the idle time this bike has seen?
Again, I might be over thinking it, but a 2005 1000s, 195 miles.... sitting on craigs list?
Wouldn't ebay produce better results, or has it been on there and this is a final effort, or is there something wrong with the bike?

What do you think.... anyone know anything about the Ohio bike?
Thank you
Scott
scott964

Postby iceman » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:06 pm

Scott,he's had it on EBAY and no one wants to pay him $7,500 But with winter almost here he might just take your offer and move it.

As the guys here have said the bike is bullet proof. A lot of people are nervous that they can't get parts and things like that so you have to look past that.

I think there is something like 30-45 in the USA all 1000S except my SF :D

As far as getting new plastic to replace the holes on the NY bike I think that will be very difficult and/or costly.I think last count there were around 25 in the UK.

If you haven't given the NY bike a deposit,personally I would wait for a different bike.They pop up all the time.I must have posted up 10 in the last year.

And you will get it cheaper the colder it gets.I wonder if the Florida bike belongs to a member here Stinkfeet ? I think he lives in Florida and he bought a track 636.
Do you have a link to it ? I bought my Aprilia Futura in 2006 brand new it sat at the warehouse in a crate when Aprilia was bought out by Peagio It's a 2004.
No problems Not that I would give $7,500 but whatever if you can get it close to $5,000 the exhaust and plastic issues go away and the PC3 might be more hassle than it's worth and there only around $300 if you have to have one..Good luck
John Lennon
iceman

Postby scott964 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Has to be the same guy toy are thinking about, the Florida bike was listed by a Ebay user of Stinkfeet, it did not sell, and I did not see any bidding.
To bad as it looked like a well kept bike, just higher mileage than I was looking for... but it started me down the road looking for a 1000S.

:-)
Last edited by scott964 on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
scott964

Postby iceman » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Scott,I can't believe you didn't bid on that.I know him through this forum and last year hooked him up with the Aprilia forum guys and he rode out to the Moto GP in Indy from Florida.It already has the $800 exhaust.I sent him a message to see if it was still for sale,which I'm sure it is.I let him know it was me.That bike is just broken in.

I'll let you know what he says..
I bought a Fatboy back when I was into Harleys and before everyone and their brother had one back in 1994 one year old with 22,000 miles and I had to give him every penny he paid,not like today.but my point I felt like you and my buddy said well you know it runs...
Last edited by iceman on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby iceman » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:20 pm

Scott,I heard back sent you or will in a minute a PM..John
John Lennon
iceman

Next

Return to 1000S