MZ Faber?

News and Gossip on the upcoming MZ 1000S.

Moderators: DAVID THOMPSON, phlat65

Re: MZ Faber?

Postby iceman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:56 pm

boilermaker wrote:Iceman/John
The article relating to the stripping of an MZ 1000 motor was actually posted on the Faber-MZ site about 2 years ago. It also appeared in one of the German motorcycle mags, Wuppervalley may be able to help you out with this.
George

George,
I found a reference to the magazine article and which mag.it's in.

siehe auch MOTORRAD Dauertest von 01/2005, ab Seite 54. see also MOTORCYCLE endurance of 01/2005, from page 54 Da waren doch die entscheidenden Teile quasi im Neuzustand. There were still the key components in virtually new condition.
....................................................................................................................................................................................

see also MOTORCYCLE endurance of 01/2005, from page 54 there were but the crucial parts in almost new condition. There still were the key components in virtually new condition.
OK,maybe just the page number... :D
You're just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You've got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It's all down to you, mate.
John Lennon
iceman

Postby boilermaker » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Iceman/John
Thanks for the info.
George
boilermaker

MZ Faber parts to USA!

Postby scott964 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:04 pm

For anyone in the USA interested I may have an importer that speaks German and is willing to bring the parts into the USA, and translate the web site as well.

If you are interested, I will post more info here as things move forward.... no details yet, just in preliminary discovery phase with importer contacting MZ Faber.... then he will let me know how it goes.
scott964

Postby Guesi » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:57 pm

Hello

I am german speaking and if any help is needed I can do that.
And if you need 2 stroke MZ parts, I can supply them....

Günter Six
GüSi Motorradteile
Kornstraße 15
93138 Lappersdorf

Germany
Guesi Motorradteile
MZ spare parts
http://www.guesi-motorradteile.de
Guesi

Postby boilermaker » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:33 am

Gunter
Thank you for your kind offer.
boilermaker

Postby SlipperySam » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:54 am

I'm trying to deal with this Deiter Faber at the moments and its a complete nightmare. OK, no english, fine he's in Germany and we have to make the effort. The next problem is he will only accept payment by bank transfer. No cards, no paypal just you pay your bank £20 to send money to someone you've never met. Well I took the risk, and his bank deducted 7€ charges so he asked for another bank transfer to meet this. He then sent the goods which were impounded by Parcelforce UK at Coventry due to inclusion of dangerous good (one paint aerosol). Without referring to him or me they then sent the whole package back to him and he sends me an email complaining that he's been charged 12€ for the return. He now wants another 22€ to send it again (+£20 bank charges unless I send cash through the post). I paid for this in full a month ago and so far nothing but grief!

I accept a degree of language problems haven't helped but I sense a stressed man at the other end. Every email is punctuated with lots of exclamation marks and he has even suggested I jump on Ryanair and pick the parcel up personally!

I really don't know if there is a big cultural gap adding to the translation problem but I thought a warning was in order. He might be a really nice guy but I don't think I would go through this again.

Gunter - do you have an email address? :)

Jon
SlipperySam

Postby boilermaker » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:57 am

Jon
You will find Gunter on www.mzsimson.de if you have not already found him.
boilermaker

Postby DAVID THOMPSON » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:00 pm

the germans make good motorcycles
some of them just do not seem to get a good grip on how to deal with customers
dave
i have never read any shipping rules but i would never ship a compressed can of any thing
in the post or ups
Dave 2002 MZ RT125+1995 Saxon Tour(500cc)
1997 MZ 660 Traveller+6/13/09 WV USA
"IN the end times the IDIOTS will be in charge
of everything"
"I like the road less traveled if it's PAVED!"
wd8cyv at yahoo dot com
DAVID THOMPSON

Location: Parkersburg, West Virginia USA .questions answered MZ 95 up, BMW 1953 to 1979 and ham radio WD8CYV

Postby LWS66 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:35 pm

SlipperySam wrote:I'm trying to deal with this Deiter Faber at the moments and its a complete nightmare.

I accept a degree of language problems haven't helped but I sense a stressed man at the other end. Every email is punctuated with lots of exclamation marks and he has even suggested I jump on Ryanair and pick the parcel up personally!

I really don't know if there is a big cultural gap adding to the translation problem but I thought a warning was in order. He might be a really nice guy but I don't think I would go through this again. :)

Jon

It's not a cultural gap issue at all, it's just the fact the guy's not a good contact for MZ parts for anybody else out in the world other than within Germany. I attempted contact a few years back, but sensed indifference. There is/was a guy in Germany that used to run Orange Cycle Team, sold Laverdas in the day, and up until a few years back sold MZ's...and was fluent in English, very helpful, an ENTHUSIAST and shipped Laverda parts worldwide and took paypal as payment. Was a great source for the Laverda parts I needed as well as some MZ stuff I needed for my 1000. Not sure what happened to him, I last saw some posts on the yahoo group "Zanelist"....I forget his name now... you may want to poke around and see what you can come up with. He may still be involved in things MZ???
LWS66

Postby SlipperySam » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Usually aerosols can be transported without problems as long as the parcel has the right stickers on. Contrary to popular belief they can even be flown as long as they are properly declared and suitable precautions taken. I have first hand knowledge of this. Due to the language problem, I can't establish if this is the case or not. Unfortunately Parcelforces t&c's ban then on safety grounds even though those grounds are, er, somewhat exaggerated! We had no prior knowledge of Parcelforce's involvement as it was believed that DHL was to be the carrier from start to finish. It's hard to adhere to another company's t&c's if you don't know they are to be involved until after the event.

I have found out today that not only did Parcelforce stop onwards delivery from their Coventry hub but they also confiscated the aerosol. Not sure if they can do that......
SlipperySam

Postby boilermaker » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:23 am

SS
Send them a letter threatening prosecution for theft unless they return/replace your aerosol and see what happens. I had a similar problem with an airport securty officer a while back. He attempted to confiscate an item (a roll of duct tape would you believe) and I called the nearest policeman in to the discussion warning the security man that I would ask the officer to arrest him for theft if he attempted to take the roll of tape. The security man was made to give me a reciept for reclaim on my return journey. I am as concerned as the next man re airport security but there is far too much of this arrogant assumption of power by people who would not have a job were it not for Osama and a few others.
boilermaker

Postby CharlyB » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:12 am

Maybe you should try it here : http://www.skbikes.de/
Don´t know if they speak english they built the SFx and they have a high reputation in germany

If you need help with postage to the UK , let me know !

CharlyB
CharlyB

Postby SlipperySam » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:55 pm

Thanks Boilermaker. I've emailed them this morning asking where it is as I want to come round and collect it as it cost me 24€. Might prove interesting. I know what you mean about airport security but they see life from the moral high ground. You did well to get the better of them without being delayed long enough to miss your flight!
SlipperySam

Postby SlipperySam » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:34 am

Well after 7 weeks following payment, my seat hump finally arrived from Dieter at MZ faber.. It was worth the wait and looks great.

Parcelforce are now looking for the paint they removed from the box before punitively returning it to MZ faber rather than sending to the destination that was paid for. I have called their bluff by requesting that it be made available for my collection from their Coventry hub. They are also no doubt thinking up an excuse why, after removal from the consignment, it couldn't continue to its original destination!

Whilst I generally dislike confrontation unless it's unavoidable, I intend to insist on repayment of the original carriage costs, the 'fine' MZ faber had to pay to accept the package back and 24€ for the paint should it not be returned. Yes, there are much more important things to worry about but all of this was totally unnecessary if only someone had made one phone call. You would think that buying from the EU would be simple these days. This cautionary tale might indicate otherwise.
SlipperySam

Postby SlipperySam » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:25 am

I think the seat hump makes the bike prettier

SlipperySam

PreviousNext

Return to 1000S